Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 302 times)

jmomma

• View Profile
Back again!
« on: February 09, 2018 at 04:42 PM »
Hi all, I was here with my last pregnancy, when my cervix was found to be short at my 20 week scan. I was placed on pelvic rest, and given progesterone suppositories. My water ended up breaking right at 34 weeks, and I delivered my son at 34+1. He stayed 12 days in the NICU, but is doing great at 13 months now. He's had no issues, other than needing the CPAP for about 24 hours after birth, and then just staying in the NICU until he could regulate his body temperature and take his feeds from the breast and bottle.

I'm pregnant with #3 (4th pregnancy) and am 12 weeks. I have my first ultrasound in 4 days with MFM to figure out a game plan. I want to be sure I'm doing everything I possibly can with this pregnancy, so if anyone has suggestions of what to bring up to the doctor, that would be great! I will discuss a cerclage this time around, and unless they are really against it for some reason, my OB thought the risk was low enough this early on that it would seem like a good idea to get one. I will also start progesterone shots at 16 weeks.

Prayers to all of you growing those babies!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Back again!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018 at 06:14 PM »
Hi,

Just thought I'd say hi since we must share a close due date. I'm 12 weeks 4 days now with complications, another member "Jadeandrainbowbub" is right there with us. That's great that your son did so well after being born at 34 weeks, it makes the NICU stay sound more manageable, really hope I can make it to 34 this time!!

Ask your MFM about starting cervical length scans from 16 weeks also, and for the shots find out if they want you to go into the office for them each time (I loved that I was allowed to do them myself at home, saved me a lot of trips to the doctor). Also find out how your dr feels about bedrest since there is such a wide variety of medical opinions on the subject.

Good luck to you  :D

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Back again!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018 at 02:38 PM »
My appointment went really well last week, I met with a new MFM who seemed extremely knowledgeable about PTL. I feel like I'm in good hands with him. The plan is to check my cervical length next week, then decide on a cerclage from there. He mentioned what the current research says about the effectiveness, so if my cervical length is below a certain length, we'll go for it. If not, I'm not sure what the game plan will be, other than the weekly progesterone shots.

I'm in that weird stage where I'm nervous because I can't feel the baby kick yet, so I'm constantly wondering if he/she is doing ok!