Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Updated**24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!**  (Read 712 times)

wren

• View Profile
Re: 24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018 at 06:58 PM »
This is such heartening news, OBmom.

I am in a similar situation, and am holding out hope that I will get to at least 32 weeks, maybe 34 weeks.

My first child, Oskar, was born at 27 weeks and 4 days due to spontaneous pre term birth. I went in to triage with mild cramping (about 3 in an hour) and he was born about 6 hours later. He unfortunately suffered from extensive grade 4 brain bleeds while in the NICU, and my husband and I made the agonizing decision to discontinue care and take him off the ventilator. He died in my arms when he was 7 days old.

We are pregnant with our second child, also a son, and we thought everything was going well. I had a transvaginal cervical check every other week, weekly progesterone shots, and stopped working at 23 weeks. At 25 weeks, I started experiencing mild sporadic cramping and when we went into triage, everything looked fine. My cervix was long and closed and a fetalfibronectin test was negative. AT 26 and 6, I had sporadic cramping all afternoon. When my husband came home from work, we decided to go back to triage, and again they sent us home and said my cervix was closed and I just had uterine irritability. The next morning, I woke up bleeding, and when we went back to triage, I was 1 cm dilated. I was still just having sporadic contractions sometimes a couple of hours apart. I was admitted and given betamethasone and magnesium sulphate and monitored in the hospital for 4 days before being sent home. My cervix is still 1 cm dilated (although 2.8 cm long at the last check a few days ago) and I am on modified bed rest. I am staying hopeful that this time we'll have a different outcome. Just knowing that the baby did get steroids makes me feel a bit better. I am 28 weeks and 1 day today.

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: Updated**24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!**
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018 at 01:29 PM »
Hey everyone.
I have some great news, seems to be a happy week all around :)

First of all, 32 weeks and 5 days, which means 12 weeks since we got the first scare (contractions at 20 weeks, yes).
But still counting and still cooking!

And second.. I woke up feeling weird, and with a sore pelvis, which isn't usual. I did my best to ignore it, but of course, paranoia sets in and I thought he felt like he was moving less. So I got my mom to drive me to "my" ER (L&D at my usual place of work).
I asked the team there to do an US check and they had nothing but good things to say! Big news is - baby's turned head-down, and that's probably what I felt earlier. Normal amniotic fluid too.

So all in all, I'm having a wonderful Friday 13th :)
I have my next growth scan in a week, but I feel more at ease knowing he is no longer breech. Far less risk of complications if I PPROM, and no need for an emergency C-section. Will keep you posted.

Gethaline

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018 at 01:47 PM »
YAY woo hoo....that is awesome, no matter what happens from now you're in such a great place.  Before you know it you'll be snuggling your LO in your arms.  Praying we can all reach where you are now.  Thinking of you :)

Margueritevdw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018 at 03:05 PM »
Wonderful news! Glad all is looking peachy!

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018 at 11:45 PM »
OB mum that is great news!! Almost 33 weeks! That is so so good! I hope your growth scan goes well :)