Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: SUCCESS UPDATE **24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!**  (Read 1310 times)

wren

• View Profile
Re: 24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018 at 09:58 PM »
This is such heartening news, OBmom.

I am in a similar situation, and am holding out hope that I will get to at least 32 weeks, maybe 34 weeks.

My first child, Oskar, was born at 27 weeks and 4 days due to spontaneous pre term birth. I went in to triage with mild cramping (about 3 in an hour) and he was born about 6 hours later. He unfortunately suffered from extensive grade 4 brain bleeds while in the NICU, and my husband and I made the agonizing decision to discontinue care and take him off the ventilator. He died in my arms when he was 7 days old.

We are pregnant with our second child, also a son, and we thought everything was going well. I had a transvaginal cervical check every other week, weekly progesterone shots, and stopped working at 23 weeks. At 25 weeks, I started experiencing mild sporadic cramping and when we went into triage, everything looked fine. My cervix was long and closed and a fetalfibronectin test was negative. AT 26 and 6, I had sporadic cramping all afternoon. When my husband came home from work, we decided to go back to triage, and again they sent us home and said my cervix was closed and I just had uterine irritability. The next morning, I woke up bleeding, and when we went back to triage, I was 1 cm dilated. I was still just having sporadic contractions sometimes a couple of hours apart. I was admitted and given betamethasone and magnesium sulphate and monitored in the hospital for 4 days before being sent home. My cervix is still 1 cm dilated (although 2.8 cm long at the last check a few days ago) and I am on modified bed rest. I am staying hopeful that this time we'll have a different outcome. Just knowing that the baby did get steroids makes me feel a bit better. I am 28 weeks and 1 day today.

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: Updated**24 weeks and facing preterm labor.. again!**
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018 at 04:29 PM »
Hey everyone.
I have some great news, seems to be a happy week all around :)

First of all, 32 weeks and 5 days, which means 12 weeks since we got the first scare (contractions at 20 weeks, yes).
But still counting and still cooking!

And second.. I woke up feeling weird, and with a sore pelvis, which isn't usual. I did my best to ignore it, but of course, paranoia sets in and I thought he felt like he was moving less. So I got my mom to drive me to "my" ER (L&D at my usual place of work).
I asked the team there to do an US check and they had nothing but good things to say! Big news is - baby's turned head-down, and that's probably what I felt earlier. Normal amniotic fluid too.

So all in all, I'm having a wonderful Friday 13th :)
I have my next growth scan in a week, but I feel more at ease knowing he is no longer breech. Far less risk of complications if I PPROM, and no need for an emergency C-section. Will keep you posted.

Gethaline

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018 at 04:47 PM »
YAY woo hoo....that is awesome, no matter what happens from now you're in such a great place.  Before you know it you'll be snuggling your LO in your arms.  Praying we can all reach where you are now.  Thinking of you :)

Margueritevdw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018 at 06:05 PM »
Wonderful news! Glad all is looking peachy!

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018 at 02:45 AM »
OB mum that is great news!! Almost 33 weeks! That is so so good! I hope your growth scan goes well :)

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018 at 08:56 AM »
Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been off the radar but things have started to heat up :)
34 weeks and 6 days today, HOORAY!
Last growth scan was a week ago, everything is absolutely fine with our baby boy. Estimated fetal weight was 2,2 kg (yoo-hoo!). I basically have NO functional cervix left, only the pessary holding things steady-ish. And the cervix has such funneling that you can actually see the amniotic sac suspended between the cervical lips :)

Which goes a long way in explaining why I've been having regular bouts of contractions. I went to L&D last week with PTL, they managed to stop it with nifedipine and hydration. Got the steroid shots in, which is always a welcome safety net. Two days ago I had a minor bleed so I had to go in again to get checked. They actually admitted me to L&D but after 10h of observation there was no progression so they let me come home again. It's like "catch and release", me being the fish, HAHA.

Yesterday I had 2 hours of painful contractions every 8-10 mins but then everything calmed down again.. Weird thing is, it normally starts to go crazy after 6 pm. Anyone else experience this time-zone thing?

I don't know why but I get the feeling we're getting pretty close  ;D Every contraction I get, I keep waiting to PPROM. Oh well, I guess I'm ready as I'll ever be after almost 12 weeks of waiting for the little guy!

Hope you all are doing well, I try to keep up with everyone's journey.

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018 at 02:07 PM »
Wow! Congratulations on making it so far!!! Your baby sounds like he’s thriving despite all of the scares.
Wishing you the best of luck in the coming weeks and days- you’re so close, momma!!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018 at 02:38 PM »
So happy for you that you made it this far and your baby's birth will be a celebration instead of a medical emergency.

Does sound like it won't be long now till you get to meet your baby. I also notice contractions getting worse in the evenings usually around 6pm for me too!

I'm still hoping for you to get an extra week so you can take your little one home right away, but whatever happens now you're in a great position :)

You'll be missed on this forum for your warmth and medical insights :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018 at 08:13 PM »
OBmom,
Congrats on 35 today!!! Let's get you another 2 weeks.  ;D

Indeed, we are going to miss having your expertise and kindness here. But until then ... we're all sending positive thoughts to keep that baby cookin'!

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018 at 01:50 PM »
Yay! So happy for you! :)

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018 at 03:46 AM »
So glad you have made it to 35 weeks! 2.2 kg is a good weight too! Doesn't sound like you have long to go now! Hopefully you make it to 37 weeks! I am so excited for you! :D

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018 at 06:21 PM »
Hi everyone!

Made it to 36 weeks on Sunday.
Big news today, had my equivalent to ditch the stitch day  :D :D :D Pessary came out! Cervix is soft but not dilated.
I spend the rest of my day doing NORMAL stuff, and my superstar mom took me out for lunch by the beach, which was absolutely amazing.

Of course, every contraction now feels like the end of the world. I've been feeling so much pressure and stabbing down here I would have sworn he would be out by now :)

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and positive messages, you guys don't know how much you've helped throughout this LONG journey.
Keep taking every day as it comes, a small victory on its own. Will keep you posted!

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018 at 07:03 PM »
I've been following your posts OBMom. Congrats on making it this far, how amazing! Keep us posted!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018 at 09:57 PM »
Congratulations!!! So glad to hear you’re doing well :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018 at 12:32 AM »
Congratulations on 36 weeks! Now you get to be a "normal" pregnant lady. Go buy yourself a cute maternity outfit and flaunt that belly. Enjoy it!