Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Yay hypertension!  (Read 478 times)

SamRose

• View Profile
Yay hypertension!
« on: February 20, 2018 at 08:30 AM »
We had our last routine check this week before our pre-op check next Monday and c-section scheduled for March 7th.

So of course the appointment couldn’t be drama free. 😁

My bp was 160 over I forget how much. All through this pregnancy no matter how stressful and how bad the news was my bp was always fine. At worse it would be slightly elevated when we first got there but would be normal within 5 minutes.

Not today, it wouldn’t come down so we had to head to the hospital for monitoring and all the please don’t be preeclampsia or HELP tests.

Luckily my bp came down at the hospital and all my tests came back normal. They did catch the early start of a uti.

I was sent home but I need to check my bp everyday and watch for signs of preeclampsia. I go back to the doctor on Thursday. He gives me 50/50 odds of making it to my scheduled c-section.

It’s not the end of the world, we are 37+1 today so honestly I’m fine with this pregnancy being over sooner rather then later and having our boy whenever. I really really want just one thing to go according to plan.

At least I’m not back on bed rest..... just back to “taking it easy”

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Yay hypertension!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018 at 02:06 PM »
Congrats on 38 weeks! Amazing! How was your appointment on Thursday?

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but please be sure they keep an eye on you after delivery for HELLP and preeclampsia. That is a very dangerous blood pressure. I was having high blood pressure toward the end, but it was after delivery that everything went downhill very fast. They missed the pre-e and I ended up having kidney failure and was in the ICU for 3 days. Everyone thought I was just really tired from delivery and not sleeping, but it was much worse. When I first felt really sick and my BP was high after delivery, I even had a nurse say that you can't get pre-e after delivery, that it "cures" it. Have your family keep an eye on you, too. Tell them the signs: pain under your ribs, blurry vision, seeing spots, bad headaches, bleeding gums, and swelling.

Keep us posted!  :-*

SamRose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018 at 01:17 AM »
38 week appointment went well. It’s our last one before our c-section next week. My bp was fine, baby was fine, we are just counting down days till baby....I’m really over being pregnant at this point 😁

Happy that we made it this far but tired of being pregnant.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018 at 03:00 PM »
I am SOOO happy your appointment went well! Sorry I haven't checked back in a few days. Maybe you've even delivered by now... Happy thoughts coming your way!