Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for February 26, 2018  (Read 476 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for February 26, 2018
« on: February 26, 2018 at 03:08 PM »
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom."     --Viktor Frankl

So, ladies, what do you wish you could respond to differently? Your partner? This pregnancy? Your children? Your thoughts?

How are you responding now, and what would it look like or what would you say or think to respond differently? How will it free you?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for February 26, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018 at 06:49 PM »
Still cooking at 15 weeks now. Hoping for a good cervical length on my scan Friday and if we are lucky we'll find out gender then too  :D

I wish I was responding differently to this pregnancy. I feel like all the problems we've had have taken away from the joy and hope that I want to be feeling about the new addition to our family. We are spending more time preparing for a loss than we are for the reality of a new baby. It would definitely be freeing to take a more optimistic view of the pregnancy outcome.

Was thinking today that my outlook is similar to someone who's only ever flown on 5 planes. Two barely made it off the runaway before being grounded, and two were horrific crashes midway through the flight (the second of which we were at least able to crawl our way to our destination after the crash). After having been crazy enough to get onboard plane #5 we've experience nothing but turbulence, making it pretty hard to envision making it safely to our destination!

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018 at 07:23 PM »
15 weeks here, too. And my first Monday roll call!

I feel a lot like EnglishRose23, that the joy of a pregnancy has been taken away from us and replaced with worry and anxiety. What I really wish I could change would be my jealousy. My good friend has just announced her pregnancy to me, a day after my ER visit. And whilst I should be a really good friend and feel nothing but happy for her, I feel really guilty because I am jealous. She came to visit me last week (which is really sweet and I love her for that), but she is already planning baby registries and showers, and her husband and her have decided on baby names and the paint color of the nursery. I watched her talk about it all with this huge beaming smile and I felt jealous. And then I felt bad for feeling jealous! I wish I could make all of those plans without having to wonder, 'What if it doesn't work out?' I hid it, of course, and waited until she left before I had a little cry.

So now I sound like the worst friend ever! I really am a nice person and I am not usually this self-absorbed! It's all still very new and raw, so I'm in that adjustment phase.

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018 at 08:03 PM »
I'm 15+5 today as well. I have my first transvaginal u/s tomorrow to measure my cervical length, and depending on what it shows, make a game plan for a cerclage or not. I'm hoping for a good length, but think I might also have peace of mind with a cerclage. We'll see how it goes.

I just hate having the constant anxiety about how active I should be. I feel bad about taking it easy, but also feel bad when I do too much. It's just hard to have to even think about it, I just want to have a normal pregnancy! Or better yet, have a better attitude, although it's not bad that often, I just feel like I'm a burden to my family more or less.