Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cerclage out at 27 weeks, Still cooking!!  (Read 609 times)

Anish

• View Profile
Cerclage out at 27 weeks, Still cooking!!
« on: March 04, 2018 at 01:23 PM »
Hey mamas... Anish here :) I made it through the first one and i have a beautiful baby girl 1.4months now. Currently at 27+ weeks. Had a cerclage done at 16 weeks due to incompetent cervix history. Was put on bed rest and susten. Went for my scan yesterday and the stitch had come off my cervical length is 34mm and dilatation of 0.8mm the doc believes we will make it. I have a manual check with my gynae tomorrow... I choose to have faith beyond FAITH .. Am believing to get to 37 weeks term baby. Pray with me :) any success stories? I would love some encouragement.. God bless u all

Ksg23

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage out at 27 weeks, Still cooking!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018 at 02:07 AM »
Hey Anish, wil pray for you.
3.4 is a good CL and since you are already 27 weeks, you should not worry. Even I have been 1cm dilated for long now and made it to 34 weeks. I also had funneling at 29 weeks, which closed on its own...however I do have a Cerclage still.
Continue with Susten- I am on Susten too. Are you taking any meds for contractions? Continue with your bed rest. I had AF leak, funneling etc etc and I believe that it all kind of settled down as I was strict about my bed rest.
All the best!

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018 at 08:42 AM »
Thank you Ksg for the encouragement. My gnae diagnosed prolapsed membranes and I was rushed for a second recovery cerclage. It went well, he said he would use my case as a case study. We pray to get to good viability. I am on nifedipine  for the contractions and started my steroid shots yesterday for lung maturity:) am glad to be going back home today and continue bed rest😊😊
How many weeks are you now?

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018 at 11:56 AM »
Hi Anish.

Wow, such a scare going back in for rescue cerclage!
Definitely good you were on bedrest, and thank the lucky stars you didn't PPROM.
How are you doing with the nifedipine? Sometimes it can cause low blood pressure and you might get migraines or fainting because of that. If you feel those side effects, you might want to ask your doctor about indomethacine. It's a non-steroid anti-inflammatory that you can also use for contractions up until 32 weeks.

Hoping your stitch holds this time! And your 28 week mark should be coming up, so there's something to celebrate!

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018 at 02:35 PM »
Hi OB mum i get fainty and palpitations after taking nifedipine... I will ask him about indomethacine. Thank you😊 it was scary the membranes were out!! PPROM would have been HORRIBLE... Am now back to bed rest counting down weeks! Thank you for your input and response, much appreciated. Whats your story? 😊

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018 at 02:49 PM »
OBmum after my rescue stitch i havent been put on susten? Should that b a concern to raise? Just on antibiotics and nifedipine....

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018 at 04:01 PM »
Actually I'm surprised you weren't on progesterone from the first time around. Or were you and then you stopped?
The use of progesterone in combination with cerclage is debatable - the administration route and dose vary too much along different studies.
In my opinion, even if the benefit is minimal, it can't really hurt this early on. Go ahead and ask your doc, maybe they had another reason to keep you off.

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018 at 05:22 AM »
Morning OBmum i was on it throughout. First trimester he put me on duphaston then at 16 weeks on susten pessaries. After the rescue cerclage he didn't put me on susten again. When i go for my next review in 2 weeks i will mention it. He must have forgotten....  Your help is much appreciated. I hope you and baby are fine😊 Bless you

Ksg23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018 at 03:37 PM »
Hey Anish, I am 34 weeks now. Sorry for the late reply, was down with fever and had a bit of PTL as care last week...hoping that things will get better from here and that I can carry the baby to full term.
How are you doing now?

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018 at 04:21 PM »
Hey mamas just went to the loo and i saw a big glob of mucous with pink streaks. Called the doc he says it is the mucus plug and it was expected since my cervix was open before the rescue cerclage. He asked me to do my scan tomorrow.. Who has experienced this or heard of it? Outcome?

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018 at 05:30 PM »
We delivered our baby boy 5 days after my mucus plug began to come out (24 weeks).  We were able to stop labour until an infection developed and we had to discontinue the anti-labour medication.  We delivered 3 days later.

That being said, you have a lot of things on your side:
1. Mucus plug can be replenished.
2. You have a cerclage (I didn't).
3. You are on anti-labour medication.

You've got this!  Keep us posted on your story!

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018 at 07:21 PM »
Hi Anish.

Sorry to hear about your mishap.  Sure, it was expected with an opn cervix but still.. bummer. Not to be the herald of bad news, but cerclage ---> rescue cerclage ---> losing mucous plug sounds like your bun really wants to come out early   :-\
How are you feeling? Any pain or discharge? Have you got company at home? This might be a time where a little emotional support goes a long way. Maybe your husband can take a couple days off? Or maybe even just the afternoon? I know I would be driving myself nuts.

On the positive side:
- definitely past 28 weeks now, so hopefully baby weighs more than 1 kg, and both are important milestones in the NICU.
- you've got your steroid shots in, which means you've done all you can to prepare the lungs if he or she is born early.
- going into labor might be days away, or weeks.. Just no way of knowing.

Let us know how your scan goes tomorrow. I think I speak for everyone when I say all of us are professionals at positive thoughts and we'll be thinking of you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018 at 10:18 AM by OBmom »

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018 at 11:51 PM »
Hi Anish,

If it helps I went 5 weeks beyond passing my mucus plug before delivering my son. Good luck on your scan tomorrow.

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM »
Good luck Anish!  Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018 at 12:47 PM »
Hi, Anish. This is so stressful, I'm sure.  Please try to have hope. Women with a cerclage have more mucus than normal, and they are more likely to have some spots of blood because the cervix is just generally more prone to that during pregnancy if there is irritation. Are you still using a pessary as well? That can also cause more discharge than normal. I will certainly be thinking of you today and praying for a good checkup. Please let us know how it went. (((hugs)))