Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Cerclage out at 27 weeks, Still cooking!!  (Read 508 times)

Anish

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage out at 27 weeks, Still cooking!!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018 at 01:54 PM »
Mamas thank you for the overwhelming support and prayers. My routine scan showed slight dilatation of the cervix but the stitch is holding. I guess that is good news for now... A day at a time.... Looking forward to 30,32,34 weeks etc... My OB believes we will make it past 30 weeks.. Anxiety is an understatement at this point but am hopeful for the best..😊  Keeping hope alive!!

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018 at 11:34 AM »
Hey Anish!

Haven't heard from you in a while.
How's everything going?
All calm with the new stitch in?

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018 at 05:58 AM »
Hey OBmum
Just realised we are due around the same time.. All calm with the stitch :) am on duphaston tabs he stopped the susten.. Had a scare last week woke up wet, the doc put me on erythromycin and more dexamethasone jab asked me to monitor the fluid as well. I stopped the erythromycin it is HORRIBLE... After my second shot the foetal movements reduced and i was terrified.. Today she has kicked hopefully she goes back to her norm. Is this expected with the steroid shot? Enough of me, how are you?.

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018 at 03:42 PM »
Yeah, I guess we're pretty close! My due date is June 3rd, how about you?

Everything is just about the same except contractions are getting painful and boredom levels are skyrocketing.

Erythromicin is the worst, I think I had nausea for at least 2 days after. Next time around ask them for CLARYTHROMICIN , it's the same family of drugs but with less side effects. Plus, administration only 2 times a day as opposed to 3.

Glad to hear your baby princess is back to normal movements, that can be a nasty scare. If you're ever in doubt, go to the ER. Better a thousand times wrong than one-time right. I never heard of less movements after steroid shots, so it may have been just a coincidence.

Keep up the good work! We are on our way to 32 weeks.. race you there? =)

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018 at 09:38 AM »
Hey mamas

My baby girl came last week on Thursday at 31 weeks.. I went into premature labour and was rushed for an emergency cs.. My gnae discovered i had developed chorioamnionitis and the baby got early sepsis.. I guess thats the reason I went into labour. Bub is currently at the NICU. Btw of 1.3kgs.. She is off oxygen and we bless the Lord.

OBMum
We got there before you..:) keep cooking!!

Thank you mamas for the support. Wish you all the best with the cooking:) God bless you all. Keep us in prayer.. I will update once we are out!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018 at 11:37 AM »
Congrats on your baby girl, that's fantastic that she is already off oxygen. Best of luck on your NICU journey. ;D

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018 at 05:32 AM »
Thank you. 😙

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018 at 09:46 AM »
Hi Anish!

(Just to be clear, the "race you there" was a JOKE  :D)

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, I hope she's doing well with no signs of infection. Just happy and healthy growing. Wishing you the shortest possible NICU stay. If I could offer you one tiny piece of advice: if you want to breastfeed, DO NOT let anyone discourage you. You can pump and save, and your little one will eventually grow stronger and be able to feed for herself. It was a major investment for me, made me feel useful in a situation where it can feel like everyone else can take care of your baby except for the parents.

Best of luck!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018 at 12:37 PM »
A big welcome to your baby girl! Give her as much skin-to-skin time as you (and your partner) can. Great for regulation of heartbeat, temperature and breathing, along with so many other benefits: https://www.fitpregnancy.com/baby/baby-care/kangaroo-care-9-benefits-skin-skin-contact

Every extra day you kept her cookin' was valuable beyond words!  How is she doing?