Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Afraid of being called a fraud  (Read 363 times)

Lacyelfmom

• View Profile
Afraid of being called a fraud
« on: March 07, 2018 at 06:08 PM »
Having been put on restricted activities and then bed rest, my husband and I have made sort of a very big deal about getting to 37 weeks (safety I call it). But now that I am days away from 36 weeks I am starting to be afraid of going longer. This may sound a bit paranoid, but I am a little worried that if I don't go into labor shortly after I hit 37 weeks (or even make it all the way to my due date) some people might think that I was just making up the whole preterm labor risk for attention and because I wanted to be lazy and not do anything. My husband says this is silly since most people are aware that I have had 2 preterm deliveries in the past, but I can't shake this fear.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Afraid of being called a fraud
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018 at 10:04 PM »
Congrats on making it to 36 weeks, it is definitely still best for baby if you keep cooking just a little bit longer. If you have people in your life who would believe you'd made it up for attention don't feel like you need to validate yourself to them because honestly they probably aren't very good friends if they would believe something like that.

Wishing you a happy full-term delivery  :)

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018 at 01:58 PM »
Awe... I kind of felt like this with my first..... I was on strict bedrest in the beginning...(suggested that I stand no more than 5 times per day).  We prepped for a preemie and I ended up having a section at 39 weeks.... to be honest everyone was just so so happy that the baby was here, and Healthy.  I got high fives and praise from coworkers and family for following doctors orders. 
Once you hit 37 weeks, your doc will probably tell you that you can do some normal things.... I continued to lay low, and if anyone questioned it, I said I was already scheduled for a section and didn’t want to have an emergency section. 

Lacyelfmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018 at 02:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the reassurance. I get a bit paranoid during pregnancy. I'm glad that both of you had such good and happy outcomes with your pregnancies.  :D