Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Made it!!!  (Read 300 times)

SamRose

• View Profile
Made it!!!
« on: March 09, 2018 at 03:17 AM »
We made it to our scheduled c-section yesterday!!!!! Jonathan was born at 1:07pm 6lbs 10oz and 19 3/4inches.

The surgery went well and I’m healing up nicely. My cerclage was taken out after I was closed up from the cesarean.

We ran into a slight hiccup with our boy last night. He’s having a hard time controlling his blood sugar levels and is hypoglycemic, he had to get transferred to the nicu today for an iv, but it looks like he should be back with us tomorrow.

It was a long road but it feels so good to be here now. The best advice I can give to anyone going through this is the hardest to follow. Stay calm and don’t let yourself get stressed.

I set up small goals like make it to 16 weeks, great now focus on 18, 20, 24, and so on.

My husband and I tried to find the silver linings in every bad appointment or new complication and stayed optimistic. We focused on making each other laugh and it helped us get through to the end. It’s so easy to dwell on everything and make yourself crazy and paranoid over every little twinge. Just take a deep breath and focus on the tiny little goals.

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: Made it!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018 at 08:35 AM »
Oh yay!! Congrats!!
You are an inspiration to us all for hanging in there for as long as you did, despite the ups and downs, always staying positive.
Best part of being on this forum is getting to hear the success stories.
Besides the emotional support and the hysterical "relatable" moments of course :)

Best wishes for you and your little one!

Ksg23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018 at 03:35 PM »
Congratulations SamRose! Following your story for a long time...so happy for you and your baby!!!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018 at 03:42 PM »
Congratulations on your baby boy, what an amazing outcome! Hope his NICU visit was very brief and you get to take him home soon :-)

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018 at 04:24 PM »
Congrats mama. So happy for you 😊

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018 at 12:21 AM »
Congratulations! How exciting! Hope he isn't in NICU for long and you can take him home asap. :)