Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll call for March 12, 2018: Staying Motivated  (Read 390 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll call for March 12, 2018: Staying Motivated
« on: March 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM »
Welcome to another Monday Roll Call!

I know it can be tough to stay motivated, so I thought it might be good to share the things that brighten your day most. For me, the highlights of bed rest were negative FFN tests, seeing my babies on ultrasound, and having my husband paint my toenails. One night he set up a "romantic" dinner on a card table next to our bed. So what keeps you going?

And as always, let us know how many weeks along you are and if you have any appointments to look forward to this week. If you had any appointments last week or any trips to L&D last week, let us know how those went.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join the Live Chats at 2 pm Eastern on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll call for March 12, 2018: Staying Motivated
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018 at 02:00 PM »
Somehow still cooking at 17 weeks now. Biggest thing keeping me motivated is how excited my son is to get a baby sister. My belly spends a lot of time getting kissed, sang to, patted, and read to...he's already a great big brother, even putting aside clothes and toys of his he thinks the baby will like!

Friday is my next cervical length check and anatomy scan. We survived a trip to L&D last week for 14 hours of contractions, things still haven't completely calmed down though, last night I was up for 3 hours with more strong contractions. Another storm front is moving in here tonight and tomorrow, I'm nervous I'll end up back in L&D with it...will be on my own too with no way to get out the driveway if there is more than a few inches of snow since my hubby is going to need to take our AWD for his long drive to my son's appointment.

Fed up of the pain and the worry. Our 7yr old dog who is a big fluffy bundle of love is sick too, CT scan for him on Wednesday but they are expecting it to be nasal cancer beyond treatment, so every week I make it closer to this baby living, our favorite dog will be a week closer to his death. Extra frustrated to not be able to take him long walks and play with him in the backyard right now  :-[

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018 at 01:11 AM »
Hi all!

17w1d here. No appointments until the last week of March - the longest time between cervical length checks since the emergency cerclage. I am trying not to stress too much about that, especially since last week's appointment went well.

Staying motivated is all down to the people around me: my mum back in England wishing me a "Happy First Mother's Day" (their Mother's Day was this past weekend), words of encouragement from my friends, my husband bringing home little treats (just because), and my gym friends sending a video of themselves in our normal Saturday morning class.

EnglishRose23 - I'm rooting for my fellow Brit over here. I'm sorry you have had a few scares this week and I'm sad to hear about your fur baby. The constant snuggles from my dachshund has made this bed rest time so much more bearable, so I know how precious they are to us. Sending good thoughts to you all and hoping the news from the vet is better than what you currently expect.

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018 at 02:43 PM »
Hey guys.

28 weeks 2 days today.
Last ultrasound on Friday was great, CL is still stable and baby is growing well. He was breech, but since then I've felt him shift and I think he might be cephalic now.  Which means more pressure on the cervix and more contractions.
Also, the pessary triggers a foreign-body reaction which makes the cervix produce a very fluid discharge (sorry for TMI). It just gets me down, every little drip makes me wonder if it is PPROM again. Or if I'm being crazy managing this information on my own. I'm sure if I go down to L&D they'll admit me - and for no reason.
Just hard to remember highlights today, I'll get back to you on that one =)

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018 at 02:53 PM »
16+5 today.

This is my second day on "modified" bedrest.  I made a schedule and hope to stick with it - I think it'll help break up my day into shorter periods of time filled with a mixture of semi-productive things (like work) and rest. Hoping that it helps to make the time between when my husband is at work and home a little easier.

I have an appointment with my OB on Thursday and hope to get some answers on the upsetting ultrasound results from last week (shortened cervix, possible funnelling, contraction, sludge) that will help me to put my mind at ease.

Had a bit of a scare last night when my underwear was a little wet - was told to watch for leaking fluids.  No more came after the first stain, and it wasn't enough to leak through underwear or fill a liner or anything, so I'm passing it off as discharge.

The hardest thing about this pregnancy is fearing the worst with every ache, pain, and bit of discharge.

Well, that and being insanely jealous of my close friend who, at 18 weeks, is still skiing, doing exersize classes, and all around having a great pregnancy.  Wish that could be me!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018 at 06:01 PM »
Hey, ladies! If you're online, we're starting the Live Chat now.

TR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018 at 04:47 PM »
Hi,

I’m new to the group. I introduced myselfnin anither thread, but just wondering what is the live post about? Do you “meet” online to hang out to talk? Because I would love something like that, hopefully I can attend since I am based in Europe, GMT+2.

Thanks!