Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 5, 2018  (Read 808 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 5, 2018
« on: March 05, 2018 at 01:22 PM »
Hey, pretty ladies!

Let us know how many weeks along you are, and if you had any OB appointments last week.

Also, I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to help me monitor the chat room. If you could spare 15 minutes a day for a few days each week, it would be a big help. (Email me at angela@keeepemcookin.com.) My job has been very busy lately, so I haven't had as much time for KeepEmCookin.

Thanks, girls!
--Angela

Ksg23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 5, 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018 at 04:28 PM »
Hey Angela, had a scan schedule today and after a long long time really heard something good from the doctors. Baby’s growth is fine, CL is 3.2 and the funneling has also closed!
I feel so relaxed now :) My radiologist actually said that from this point no more CL checks since it doesn’t matter.
Doc said that they now think that I will make it to full term... but even if I don’t, they can manage well with the delivery.( not that any of us want that!)
I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday and finally, this baby seems a reality.
Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Oh, and most importantly after more than 3 months of bed rest, I have been told that I can finally start moving around a bit!!! Yay

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018 at 05:48 PM »
I'm 16+3 today. I had an u/s last Thursday and my cervix was 32mm, so the doctors were not concerned at all, no restrictions, no cerclage yet, and will continue to check it every 2 weeks. I was extremely relieved, but now I've read that 32mm is on the short side for how far along I am. So I'm still trying to take it somewhat easy, but it's hard with a 3yo and 14mo. The real test will be at the next scan; that's when I found out with my last pregnancy that my cervix was short (18 weeks), so I'm anxiously waiting for that.

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018 at 09:00 PM »
Hey everyone.

I'm 27w + 1 day today, still doing the modified bed rest + pessary routine.
My 2nd trimester blood tests showed I was becoming anaemic so today I went in for an IV iron load. No GD though so that's great news.
Next scan is on Friday (27+5), hoping for a stable cervix so we can ease off the restrictions a bit. Maybe go out once a  week, happy days :)
Will keep you posted!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018 at 10:28 PM »
I'm 16 weeks exactly today. Survived my first makena shot over the weekend without a full blown migraine. Had my cervical length checked today, it was 3.5cm which the doctor was happy with so no talk of cerclages or anything. We also found out it's a baby girl :-) Even better no bleeds on the scan and I have gone 4 whole days without bleeding now so hoping things are going to settle down. I did think the baby looked kinda squashed in there and without as much amniotic fluid around it, but it was probably just a weird angle (not something they were looking at today, we'll have our anatomy scan and next cervical length check in two weeks).

Was going to take this good news as a reason to cautiously return to light activity, but the bumpy ride home from the hospital has left me cramping really bad this afternoon, so I guess I'll still need to take it easy for now!!

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018 at 02:52 PM »
Hi girls... I had a cervical check yesterday... stable at 1.9 with pressure and 2.5 without pressure.  I’m 27 weeks, so feeling good about everything! 

OBmom.... I had to get iron too.... my hemoglobin number are still low, but the iron infusions helped so so much! I think at my lowest my numbers were 82, and now I’m around 100.  (Still taking prenatal at night and iron in the morning). But I hope you get a nice boost from it! 

EnglishRose23....yay no bleeding! (I also bled for 2 months straight...clots and spotting) I was so relieved when it stopped, but even at 27 weeks I still feel like I’m on eggshells.  Scared to death when I sneeze or cough.  Take it easy, and listen to your body. 

Have a great week girls, we re all doing great

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018 at 06:52 PM »
Wow! I love to hear all this great news. And it sounds like everyone is staying positive! BTW, the Live Chat is starting in about 5 minutes (2 pm EST). Hope to see you all!

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018 at 11:16 PM »
Have missed all the live chats because my weekly check-ups have been Tuesday afternoons!

I'm 16w2d and have been on bed rest for almost three weeks after a threatened miscarriage/funneling and emergency cerclage. Update today was positive: cervix is 3.95cm and no sign of funneling. We also got to see the little stinker in 4D! We still have a long road ahead but the positive stories on here keep me going!

:)