Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 19, 2018  (Read 810 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 19, 2018
« on: March 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM »
Who's still cookin'? Any deliveries last week? Any St. Patrick's Day babies? What do you ladies have planned for this week to help pass the time?

We had a couple of ladies come out for the Live Chat last week. I hope we can add a few more this week. It's a lot of fun when we get a crowd! Our Live Chats are Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific.

It seems like new members joined last week, so I hope you all will take a minute to fill us in on how you're doing, either here on in your posts. Keep 'Em Cookin, mamas!

--Angela

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 19, 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM »
Hi everyone!

Still cookin', 29 weeks + 1 day today :)
No real news this week, but we do have an ultrasound on Friday. Hoping for a stable cervix and a healthy baby with normal amniotic fluid.Had a bit of trouble with contractions yesterday, but it calmed down durig the night so.. part of the package.
How about the rest of the mamas? Anything good to share?

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018 at 02:18 PM »
Hi,

Still cooking at 18 weeks now.

Our good news last week was a perfect healthy baby girl on our mid-pregnancy scan and a great cervical length.

Still fighting daily bouts of really painful contractions, but at least they don't seem to be changing anything for now. Yesterday was another "pressure" day for me, which makes my 4th since 16 weeks, I just spend all day feeling like things are going to pop which makes me very nervous.

This week my former 28 weeker will be celebrating his 4th birthday, and I'll do some mom-bragging here to remind all of you worrying about having preemies what it can look like when you are through the hardest part. We worried so much about how he would develop after his rough start in life, but for all his health bumps in the road he is absolutely brilliant. His reading skills have progressed so much this year that he is now independently reading chapter books, and is advanced beyond his years on just about everything. He often prepares his own meals to help out while I'm resting, I'm pretty sure if something ever happened to me and my husband that he would be just fine looking after himself and the dogs for months. Had to tell him off the other day for changing a blown out lightbulb by himself (even though he did it perfectly lol). He is a sweet and charming boy, and all the suffering he went through in the NICU, and all the bedrest, and all the stress throughout his difficult infancy was worth it a thousand times over.

Ksg23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018 at 02:55 PM »
35 weeks and baby still cookin....have an appointment at 36 weeks this Wednesday where doctor will let me know the date to ‘ditch the stitch’...looking forward to the day now!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018 at 05:02 PM »
17+4 and still cooking.

Had another emergency room visit this weekend due to what was diagnosed as an occular migrane.  I had the same thing occur 3 days prior to losing our mucus plug, resulting in the loss of our first child at 24 weeks in September.  The doctors have assured me that the two events aren't related, and I hope that they are right.

Woke up yesterday morning and after ingesting some food had really terrible pains in my lower abdomen.  I wasn't sure if they were contractions or gas pains.  I have had gas pains in the past and that's usually my cue to use the loo.  Yesterday was no exception.
Yesterday was different in terms of the intensity of the pain, so I spent the rest of the day in bed sipping as much water as possible as a precaution. I suppose the good news is that they haven't returned.

Other than that, we picked up a wheelchair, so hopefully I can go for daily walks and get some fresh air and sunshine!

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018 at 06:38 PM »
30 weeks in a few hours.... We bless the Lord🙌 uneventful week though had an emotional day yesterday. Today is a better day. Am happy that we are all still cooking and keeping positive ;) God bless us🙏

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018 at 07:26 PM »
30 weeks and cooking, felt pressure the past few days, no contractions (other than Braxton Hicks) so have been trying to take it easy.... we started renovations in our basementThis week (have to make a spare room for visitors) it kills me not to be helping, lifting, and taking a sneak peek to see what it looks like. I sort of feel like I’m on a tv show where I just show up at the end and everything is going to be done! Hahaha

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018 at 08:22 PM »
18+3 today. I have my anatomy scan on Friday, when I'll be exactly 19 weeks. I'm excited, but also nervous, as I always am for them.

Last week my cervix was down from 32mm to 26mm, but they still weren't concerned and said I didn't need any restrictions, which seems kind of crazy to me. If I feel off, I take it easy, but otherwise, I'm keeping up my activity as normal, other than no exercising or crazy lifting. I will keep having cervical scans every couple of weeks (and this one will just be 1 week since my last one), so they definitely are keeping a close eye on it before making a decision on a cerclage. I also started Makena shots last week. I do trust their judgement on the latest research, but it seems like they would want me on pelvic rest at this point. But according to the different doctors in the practice, my cervix still looks "great", so I think they are waiting to see if it hits 25mm or below, which would then be the point we discuss other measures.

Friday can't come soon enough, it's always so hard to wait in between scans to see what's going on with the ol cervix.

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018 at 12:26 PM »
30 weeks and cooking, felt pressure the past few days, no contractions (other than Braxton Hicks) so have been trying to take it easy.... we started renovations in our basementThis week (have to make a spare room for visitors) it kills me not to be helping, lifting, and taking a sneak peek to see what it looks like. I sort of feel like I’m on a tv show where I just show up at the end and everything is going to be done! Hahaha

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018 at 05:48 PM »
18w2d today. Level 2 ultrasound next week, which was my first milestone to get to after my complication. Feeling excited that we are so close to it!

Have been keeping 'busy' with all the usual things: tv, reading, crochet, writing thank you cards etc. I am also helping my friend's teenage daughter. She has a medical condition that keeps her out of school half the week, so I have been finding her activities to work on whilst she is at home resting as well. She lives 3000 miles away, so I am kinda like her online tutor! It's fun and gives me something meaningful to do.

Here's to another good week, mommies! :)