Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 28th: Who's cookin'?  (Read 4598 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 28th: Who's cookin'?
« on: June 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM »
So I'm posting this on Sunday night because I'm excited to hear how everyone is doing! So tell us what you are looking forward to this week, how many weeks you are, and what your favorite bedrest food is.

I ate a lot of dried cherries when I was on bedrest, and also drinkable yogurts that I kept in a small fridge next to my futon on the floor in the living room. I wanted to be where all the action was with my then 2-year-old Miss Sunshine. Every day was a party on the floor! Kids are so adaptable!

Looking forward to your updates!
Angela

hmaryse

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 28th: Who's cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM »
I'm 18.5 weeks pregnant, and I've been on bedrest for four weeks now, due to PPROM. My fluid levels have been great at each of my weekly appointments, and the doctors think my membrane may have resealed (the rupture was likely due to something that happened during my cerclage, which makes it possible for that to occur), but they're not sure, so I'm still on complete bedrest.

On Friday I'll have a speculum test to see if they can detect any amniotic fluid, and then maybe some of my restrictions will be lifted. For instance, I might be able to leave the house more than once a week for doctor appointments.  :P

My wedding anniversary is this Thursday, and my husband and I won't be able to go anywhere special, but I think we're going to let our son spend the night at my mom's house and get take out or something like that. Other than that, it's a different week, but same old routine. I'm definitely going stir-crazy.

As for my favorite bedrest food... I don't know... I'm kind of at the mercy of whoever brings me something to eat. I have been craving dairy a lot, specifically cottage cheese with horseradish and Brown Cow maple yogurt. My husband does his best, but he doesn't always pick up what I requested. So I'm eating strawberry Activia instead of Brown Cow.  :) :) 

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM »
I'm 23 weeks today!!  My 1st mini mile stone is in one week - 24 weeks (just in terms of viability), then my next is 26 weeks 5 days because that is when DD arrived :)  With the ultimate goal of course being full term!
This week is my off week for appointments, so I hope I can keep my sanity!  I did talk to my MW already this morning about some of the fetal movement I've been feeling - most worrisome is those kicks that feel like direct hits to my cervix & send odd sensations down my vagina, etc - don't like that!  I don't want anything messing with my cervix!!  So hopefully I can make it until the following Wed until I'm seen again without worry getting the best of me.
Looking forward...my best friend & college roomie (who now lives a good 6 hrs away) is coming to visit me on Thursday.  On Friday my MIL & husband's aunt are coming for the weekend (from 12 hrs away) so it will be good to see them & have some help with DD for the weekend. 
There will also be some sort of 4th of July festivities as well this weekend.  We'll see what I can participate in or not.
I have to agree, as far as food goes, I'm kind at the mercy of others who bring meals as well :)  But I was snacking on some cocoa covered almonds & tootsie rolls just a while ago.  MMmmmm :)

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010 at 04:14 PM »
I am 29 weeks and 3 days today.  Still on bed rest with another ultrasound this week!  I am curious to find out if the Placenta Previa has cured itself or if there are more clots, etc.  We alwasy get something new with each ultrasound.  Nothing surprises us at this point.  I would honestly be surprised if everything was fine! 
My sister is in town this week, mother in law next week, and my other sister the week after!  Hopefully that will make the next 3 weeks fly by.  I only have 6 weeks and 4 days left until I am 36 weeks and can come off bed rest and let this baby come!  Sis weeks feels like nothing after 16.5 weeks on bed rest already!
As for favorite bed rest food, the only thing I consistantly crave this pregancy is ice water.  I must have a glass with 3 ice cubes next to me at all times.  Fun times since I am carrying the baby so low.  This makes for frequent bathroom trips!  At least I get to stand up right?  As for him sitting low, I get him tap dancing on my cervix too!  It worries me but so far hasn't been an issue.  But it sure is a shocker when it happens  ;)
Great job to all you mommies keeping your babies healthy!  Keep up the good work!

Margaret

MP917

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010 at 04:55 PM »
Hi Ladies-

I'm a little late for Monday roll call as it's Wednesday! But I just wanted to check in because pregnancy is coming to an end. Since I don't post too much I'll get you up to speed on myself. I was in the hospital over a month ago for decreased fetal movements but ended up having contractions (that I didn't know about) and my bp spiked (as I was shaking nervous). They were concerned about pre-e so I was kept over night and observed and pumped with meds to help stop contractions, everything checked out in the AM. I was put on bedrest until I followed up with the doc the following week. My bp ended up being fine at the next visit and they just told me to take it easy with everything. So far so good I backed down my activity levels. I am 39 weeks tomorrow and still cookin! I had a doc appt today and well we are uncertain if the nurse took my bp wrong the first two times or if my bp was really high. When the Dr. took it, it was normal but this was 30 minutes later too. So, she put me on couch potato duty and I have to go back in on Friday. Not to mention, I'm not progressing any and the baby has pretty much ran out of room. I feel like something needs to give here! Oh and while I loaf on the couch my favorite things to eat are icey's!! 

I know I'm not on any kind of strict bedrest but I feel for you ladies and give you so much credit! You're doing a great job of getting through your pregnancies and the reason why I stick around this forum is because I still want to support everyone and the cause. BEST Wishes to everyone and here's to happy and healthy babies!  ;D

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010 at 01:11 PM »
I'm even later for roll call, as it's now Thursday.

I had cramping, lower back pain and irregular contractions and ended up in the hospital from Saturday until yesterday.  That was my third hospital stay since PTL began at 21 weeks.  The good news is that the contractions were ineffective and my cervix hasn't really changed (still 1cm dilated and 2cm long).

I found out that they will not try to stop labour if it does actually get going now.  They are concerned that there could be some reason that they are missing why this baby wants out or why my body wants him out.  I had a good consult with a NICU doc, just in case.  I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow and would love to make it to 32 weeks, but I'll take each day that I get.

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010 at 09:44 PM »
I started my bed rest journey on April 1st when I was 26 weeks.  I got taken off bed rest at 36 weeks which was 3 weeks ago so I don't know if anyone on here remembers me.  I am 39 weeks now and I am getting induced on Saturday!  I am excited, nervous, scared and a million other emotions so keep me in your thoughts!  I will update everyone as soon as my little boy is here!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010 at 10:05 PM »
MVetter1211,

Whoo hoo! Well you know I remember you! I am so VERY happy for you. You did it! I'll be sending lots of positive labor vibes your way!

miaEG2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010 at 10:48 AM »
A little late for Monday roll call, but for good reason: I've been busy caring for our newborn daughter, Astrid!
Between 17p shots from week 14 and bedrest lasting from week 22 to our scheduled C-section last week, we made it to the end. Astrid was born at 8:15 a.m. on Thursday, June 24, in Santa Monica, CA. She measured in at 7lb10oz and 20.5 inches. After the horror of losing twins at 28 weeks in October 28---we knew something was wrong when the O.R. remained ominously quiet even after they were born (we never heard a peep out of them, poor things...)---I can't express the enormity of hearing Astrid cry out energetically upon birth. It was pure joy in that operating room, including for our OB, who has been by our side throughout the long, challenging journey.
I'm happy to have found this forum during the long months of bedrest, and I wish everyone well! As I face down my 40th birthday come February, I'm not sure if I"ll try for another kid, but if so, I"m sure bedrest is in my future again and so I'll know to turn to KeepEmCookin again.

Thanks to all.
mia, mother to baby astrid
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010 at 12:03 PM by Angela »

hmaryse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010 at 01:47 PM »
Just a quick update: I had a doctor appointment today and my fluid looked great at 12.9 cm! They did a speculum exam and looked really closely for fluid and didn't see any at all. So...I'm allowed to be up a total of two hours out of each day! Whoo hoo! They confirmed what we suspected that I will have some form of bedrest for the whole pregnancy no matter what, but the reprieve feels amazing. Two whole hours!