Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Uterus abnormalities....your kidneys!  (Read 243 times)

kgkane

• View Profile
Uterus abnormalities....your kidneys!
« on: March 22, 2018 at 02:03 PM »
Hey moms.... the way our OBGYN clinic works is that there are seven doctors and throughout your pregnancy you see all of them to make sure they are all familiar with your case/file and a stranger isn’t delivering your baby. 

Anyway.... I saw a new doctor yesterday, and she mentioned to me about having my Kidneys located and an ultrasound on them.  She emphasized that in women with any abnormality in your uterus there is a higher chance that you could only have one kidney, or that your kidneys are not symmetrical.  There is nothing that can really be done, and I have no symptoms of any kidney trouble, but trying to be proactive with my health.  (I’m due in May, and my ultrasound will not be until October)

Thought I’d share, so you other moms can also ask your  obgyn or family doctors. 

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Uterus abnormalities....your kidneys!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018 at 06:59 PM »
Good idea to share this here. Like you I only had one dr out of a large team think to mention this to me. I Didn't get round to following up on it till a few years later,  but thankfully both kidneys were normal when I finally got them looked at. It was almost surprising to hear that with such a large abnormality in my uterus that somehow everything else had developed ok.