Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 2, 2018  (Read 372 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 2, 2018
« on: April 02, 2018 at 12:31 PM »
Hello, you wonderful mamas! I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's updates! Any April Fool's Day babies?

Does anyone want to post any belly pix on our Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin Thought that might be fun!

I hope to see you all on the live chat tomorrow!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Lauren

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 2, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018 at 07:10 PM »
Well, I'm 19+5 and still cookin'.  I have my anatomy scan this week.

I've been on 3 full weeks of bedrest and am starting to figure out my routine.

I stay in bed as long as possible in the morning before getting up to grab some breakfast.  Then, I head downstairs to my couch cum Trendelenburg fort and prop up my rainbow umbrella to block some of the intense sun (who knew April sun in Canada was so hot???). Then, I catch up on all my social media, read my kindle, and watch some Netflix (Thank God for 12 seasons of Grey's Anatomy).

Sometimes my day is punctuated with appointments or visitors, but I'm surprised at how quickly 5 o'clock rolls around and my hubby gets home.

I am a lucky gal.  I am so grateful for my husband.  He has had to pick up the brunt of everything - the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, picking up groceries, taking me for walks in the wheelchair, listening to all of my worries and anxieties, and basically just taking care of the two of us.  And, he NEVER complains.

In the past 3 weeks, we've become closer than we've been in a while.  We cook together (and by together, I mean I provide instructions from my Trendelenburg fortress and he does all the work); he's taking on tasks that I never thought he would in the kitchen, and has taken up my weekly ritual of making sourdough bread, meticulously nurturing the starters, kneading the dough, and watching it rise.  I order groceries online, and he picks them up on the way home from work.  We're eating healthy and delicious home-cooked meals every day.  The kitchen might not be as spotless as it would be if I weren't stuck on the couch, but I appreciate that I don't have to remind him to do these tasks.

He calls me from work throughout the day, which is pretty impressive because he has the type of job that doesn't allow him to have a lot of downtime.  He also ensures to call me each day after work to see if I need anything on his way home.

In the evenings we sit together in comfortable silence, him squished between my head and the edge of the couch. 

I might have taken these things for granted a month ago.  But now, I see them as little acts of love.

I know he's got my back. He's my partner and we're in this together, come better or for worse.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018 at 02:42 PM »
20+1 today and still cooking :-)

Everything seems relatively stable right now but it I'm nervous about this time window, 12 days till my waters broke with my 1st child,  and only a week till my hospitalization for abruption with my second, so I'll be feeling much better if I can make it through the next few weeks without any disasters!

Anish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018 at 08:37 AM »
EnglishRose
You will make it:) Have FAITH and keep hope alive. May the grace of the Lord be sufficient for you. I know that He will keep and sustain your baby. Kick fear and doubt AWAY. Praying for you🙏

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018 at 06:43 PM »
I'm 21 weeks tomorrow, and have another u/s. At my anatomy scan 2 weeks ago, my cervix was 28mm, so that was good, and the anatomy scan was great, so I've been feeling pretty good, but now I'm nervous as usual to see where things measure tomorrow. I'm starting to feel the baby move more consistently and love it.