Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Pelvic pressure?  (Read 972 times)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Pelvic pressure?
« on: April 05, 2018 at 12:23 PM »
Hi Ladies,

20+3 right now, should I be worried about a significant increase in pelvic/vaginal pressure this week? Since Monday I've been having a heaviness between my legs with a something-could-just-fall-out kind of feeling. My last cervical length was still great at 3.5cm, and my next one is scheduled a week from today. Really don't want to go to the dr's if it is just an irrational worry because now I'm switched to the MFM it's a long drive for an appointment. Bothers me most when I'm standing, but is still enough pressure when I'm laying down that it is waking me at night so I get up to pee and try and relieve the pressure which doesn't seem to help.  My guess is my girl is just in an uncomfortable position for me, but I do still worry about any change in symptoms.

Thoughts?

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Pelvic pressure?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018 at 06:48 PM »
I"ve had that feeling too some days, but I think it's been baby pushing on my bladder because I pee a lot more on days like that. TMI, but I also feel pressure like that when I haven't had a BM in a while. It is always much better once I go. Could you be slightly constipated at all?

It doesn't seem to be happening as much these days, but a few weeks ago I'd have a day or 2 where I had the "something could fall out" kind of feeling, and on those days I'd rest extra (I'm not on any bed rest at the moment). After taking it easy, it always went away.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018 at 12:27 AM »
Hi, Englishrose.

I can't offer medical advice, so I'm going to encourage you to call your OB tomorrow to see if you should come in to get checked. There's no harm in being cautious.  :) Also, that was the feeling I had when I went into preterm labor with my daughter. (It wasn't until I called my OB that I even considered that it was preterm labor.) Even though heading to your MFM's office is challenging because of the drive, I think it will help to ease your mind. Are you closer to the hospital where the MFM has privileges rather than the office? Perhaps you could go there for a quick check. Of course, if you have ANY preterm labor symptoms (see below) call right away, or just head to the hospital. Positive thoughts coming your way!!! Fingers crossed for you.

* Four or more contractions in one hour, either with or without pain
 * Cramping that may feel like menstrual cramps
 * Vaginal or rectal pressure; a feeling like the baby could just “fall out”
 * Increased discharge; loss of the mucus plug
 * Lower backache that may persist, or come and go
 * Bleeding of any sort or amount
 * Leaking fluid; a gush of fluid
 * Increased bowel movements or diarrhea
 * A decrease in the baby’s activity; fewer kicks
 * A sense that something just isn’t right

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018 at 09:52 PM »
Hi EnglishRose.

I totally agree with Angela, this should be checked out. And this IS medical advice :)
Your CL may be fine and you could still have clinically significant funneling. OR you could have an undiagnosed and TREATABLE ITU (you wouln't believe how often this happens).
You don't have to go directly to your MFM - is there anywhere closer you could be seen? They'll transfer you if they don't have the resources, right?
Meanwhile, try and stay off your feet. I know you have a little one to take care of and it's hard. Keep your spirits high, you've been through so much already!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018 at 08:22 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for all the kind responses :-)

I've been staying off my feet and laying down as much as possible this week and it seems to have helped, slightly less pressure today so I plan on procrastinating until my appointment Thursday to get checked out unless any additional symptoms develop. I'll make sure to ask that they check my urine for a UTI, I've not had any other UTI type symptoms but worth ruling out.

Unfortunately the way my insurance works now I've transferred my care to the MFM I'm supposed to go through them for all my prenatal care, it's making me wish I'd stuck with my regular OB. My last trip there they were backed up and it took me 4 hours to get seen, between the long drive, the waiting, and the exam room florescent lights I ended up with a migraine and had to have my husband finish work early to drive me home...makes it hard to justify going in unless I'm sure something is wrong!

It's so hard for me to know when to go in since my baseline in pregnancy checks off multiple of the "get seen right away symptoms". Every day since 16 weeks I get at least a few hours where I have painful regular contractions, every single day without a break since 5 weeks I've had bad menstrual-type cramping. Today is day 6 of vaginal pressure, the lower backache sometimes accompanies the cramping, always accompanies the contractions. At least I've had a break from the bleeding for a little while now, interestingly my big bleeds were all preceded by diarrhea the night before. Baby has been kicking less for the past few weeks, but it's still too early for kick-counts so I'm trying not to worry. A sense that something just isn't right is also a daily feeling, but to be expected!!

Not far till viability now, we are hopeful.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018 at 12:43 PM »
Quick update: The pelvic/vaginal pressure turned out to be completely positional, Sunday night in bed she was kicking up a storm and I felt her do a big flip moving from head-down-pushing-on-my-cervix to laying sideways and just like that all the pressure was gone. Went in for my ultrasound yesterday and my cervix was still over 3cm, and she was small but had maintained her growth since my last check (25th percentile which I'm happy with).

This is the last time I'll be able to ignore symptoms now I'm far enough along for steroid shots, so kind of hoping she doesn't flip back to head down any time soon.

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018 at 04:19 PM »
That's great news!!

Keep it up momma! It's a long long road and we all know how hard it can get, but you're more than halfway there and getting better every day!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018 at 05:55 PM »
Fantastic!  One less thing to worry about with the pressure gone! And your cervical length is great! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way...