Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 2.2cm- bed rest?  (Read 293 times)

Star32

• View Profile
2.2cm- bed rest?
« on: April 08, 2018 at 09:04 AM »
I am getting conflicting info from doctors.

When were you put on bedrest? Cervix at 2.2cm and previa.

When were you put on bedrest? Is a desk job ok?

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: 2.2cm- bed rest?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018 at 11:03 AM »
Hi Star32.

It all depends on you gestational age and the reason for bedrest.
As an OB, I'd be more concerned about your placenta previa than about 22mm cervix.
Most jobs, even desk jobs, aren't advisable after 20 weeks because of what they involve - getting up early, getting a shower/dressed, the commute to work, long hours without hydration, bathroom breaks on the other end of the hallway etc..
With previa it's always a good ideia do avoid ANY contractions, painful or not, since you don't know what might trigger a bleed.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018 at 02:33 PM »
Hi Star32,

I was on bedrest from very early on when I had previa with my son, but that was because I had a lot of bleeding with it and a history of preterm birth. Talk to your boss/HR and see if they can accommodate you working from home. I was able to work my "desk" job laying on my side in bed at home and then later in bed in the hospital right up until I gave birth. Was a wonderful distraction to be able to focus on my work! Good luck :D

Star32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018 at 03:29 PM »
My OB and MFM are not concerned about the previa because of the nature of my job/commute.

But for the short cervix, I fear that even sitting is putting too much pressure on it.