Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 9, 2018  (Read 126 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 9, 2018
« on: April 09, 2018 at 08:32 AM »
Hello, ladies!

How do you look? I know it may seem silly to get dressed or put on makeup to sit around the house, but you might find that it boosts your spirits! It was really tough to style my hair with no mirror, but I still found it relaxing to brush and blow dry my hair. And when I had visitors, a quick stroke of lipstick seemed to help me feel like myself again. And don't underestimate the power of a body lotion in your favorite scent.  :)

What are YOUR beauty tips for bed rest? What parts of your beauty routine do you still do?

Feel free to offer your thoughts, or just let us know what's new and how many weeks along you are.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Don't miss our Live Chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern time. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 9, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018 at 11:47 AM »
Hi,

Still here at 21 weeks now. Only one more week to go till they will attempt to save the baby if I deliver so I am finally feeling more hopeful.

Not much of a beauty routine for me, I go for the "natural" look, so wash my face with diluted ACV in the morning and put on some argan oil if my skin is too dry. Easy to maintain! My one good tip for bedridden beauty is to buy a shower stool if you want to keep shaving your legs, that way you aren't standing too long in the shower.

I braided my hair on previous bedrests since that seemed to hold up best to being on a pillow all day, but it's not quite long enough for that this time.

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 9, 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018 at 03:20 PM »
I'm not currently on bed rest, but taking time on my appearance is something I enjoy in general. I imagine if I was on bed rest, it would be one of the things I'd do to pass the time. Looking good is one of those things that makes me feel good, so I'd want to keep it up.

I'm 21+3 today, and my cervical check on Friday was amazing. My cervix was measuring 35mm! 2 weeks before it was 28mm, and 2 weeks before that it was about 26mm. I have not been advised to do anything differently, so I really haven't, other than getting progesterone shots now. I'm wondering if the progesterone has really been that miraculous for me! I have one more cervical check before the 24 week mark, when they stop checking, which is crazy to think about. Although I'm still extremely nervous about delivering a preemie again, so I hope they have a good plan in place even if they aren't monitoring my cervix bi-weekly. I will ask at that appointment.