Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 16, 2018  (Read 132 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 16, 2018
« on: April 16, 2018 at 08:55 AM »
“I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.”
-- Margaret Thatcher

And you will get your own way, ladies! One day at a time...  ;)

Do any of you have a mantra or something you say to yourself to stay motivated during bedrest? For me, my mantra was: "Right now, I am exactly where I am supposed to be." Also, "These weeks (or months) will change the life of my child forever."

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 16, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018 at 09:32 AM »
Just one mantra: "Not today my friend, not today!"  ;D

Except since Friday when the baby turned I've been having this pelvic pressure. Yesterday had a couple hours of lower abdomen pain that passed with rest and a liter of water. And today.. I'm having contractions that are close together.
I think I'm gonna go for another ER trip. It's a hard decision just because it makes everyone on the family jump into panic mode!

So my mantra might be about to be blown away :) Wish us luck :)

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018 at 11:25 AM »
Hi, OBmom.

Good to hear you are heading in to get checked out! I know it sets off an emotional chain reaction in you and everyone around you, but there's no such thing as too many trips to Labor & Delivery. Not today, my friend! Let us know how it goes!

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018 at 03:14 PM »
Back from L&D guys.
NST confirmed regular contractions, so I started nifedipine for those. Also went ahead with the first dose of steroid shots for the baby's lungs.
Had a quick scan, CL is at 18mm but with some serious funneling. Guess the little one's head is really pressing up against the cervix now..
Will be going back tomorrow to finish lung maturation shot.
Hoping for a calm night. 33 weeks is preemie heaven I know, but all the NICU time we can save is precious.

NOT TODAY my friend :P

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018 at 03:36 PM »
Good luck OBMom! I had my last at 34 weeks, and we did spend 12 days in the NICU, but he's perfectly healthy and thriving today at almost 16 months. Hang in there!

22+3 today and still cooking and feeling well. I will have my last cervical check on Friday when I'm 23 weeks to see how things look. I have to ask what to do going forward, depending on how my cervix looks. Unless there really isn't anything after 24 weeks until I start experiencing PTL signs? I don't know. I'm not on any kind of restrictions yet, but obviously want to do what is best to not go into PTL.

I don't really have a mantra other than daily prayers for a strong cervix and full term baby!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018 at 09:36 PM »
Still here at 22 weeks now.  Had to go into L&D today after finally acknowledging that the severe cramping and back pain i've had since Saturday wasn't going anywhere. I'm fingertip dilated now but otherwise things look good. They insisted on keeping me overnight as a precaution and may do a cerclage in the morning depending on how things look then. So hating being back in hospital again but we can't be too careful.

I guess my mantra is "it's not over till it's over"

@obmom best of luck to you, hope you keepbaby in a little longer yet

OBmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018 at 06:26 AM »
Hi ladies.

Calm night here in Lisbon. Contractions eased up, so the Nifedipine must be working :)
Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

@EnglishRose glad you got checked out too. I lived in constant fear of going to L&D because they might keep me, so I know what you're going through. But you're right, in the end we can't be too careful. When will you know about the cerclage? Also, how's things at home with your doggo?

@jmomma Keep it up, sounds like what you're doing is working! Hope everything is well on your scan on Friday.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018 at 08:48 AM »
OBmom and EnglishRose: I am sorry these last few days have been so tough. It really wears you down. Try to find those moments when you can say "Right now, everything is ok."

Jmomma: Good to hear you're moving along steadily. I'm sending positive thoughts for a great cervix length on Friday! Definitely let us know how it goes.

It would be wonderful to see you all on the Live Chat today. I think it would be good with everything that has been going on these last few days, even if just to know that you aren't alone in this. The Live Chat is 2 pm Eastern time: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Hope to talk to you all later!

Gethaline

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018 at 08:33 PM »
Hi Ladies,
When are the live chats scheduled?
thx

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018 at 11:50 PM »
Live chats are on Tuesdays for an hour, starting at 2pm Eastern time.

Gethaline

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM »
great thank you, will join next week!