Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 30, 2018  (Read 397 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 30, 2018
« on: April 30, 2018 at 12:55 PM »
Hello!

A big welcome to the many new members of the Keep 'Em Cookin' community who have joined us this past week! I'm thrilled you found us! And many thanks to ALL of you for the great support you're providing one another. You are an amazing group of women!

I thought I'd do a fun question this week, to help keep you focused on the end goal: What do you dream of doing with your baby someday? Is there a certain activity? A hobby you'd like to share? A place to go? Tell us!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat: Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time for a live chat with other bedrest moms: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Check out "Stuck In Bed: The pregnancy bed rest picture book for kids... and moms" https://amzn.to/2I0Oq3e
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 30, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018 at 02:33 PM »
Hi,

Big day for us today, I'm officially 24 weeks along now. Been another rough week for cramping and contractions but she is still in there and getting bigger and stronger every day. By this point in previous pregnancies I was in hospital, stable but with no amniotic fluids with my daughter only to deliver the very next day. Actively in labor with my son and bleeding out while refusing permission for them to deliver him (magnesium ended up calming things down that day and we went another 4 weeks!). So to be home right now feels great! We are celebrating today with a cake from our local bakery (yellow cake with strawberry buttercream frosting, yum ;) )

When baby is home and healthy I am looking forward to bringing her out on the trails with me, I'm a volunteer hike host for our local Hike-It-Baby International branch and have been really missing the fresh air, exercise and company.

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018 at 03:12 PM »
Hi all,

We are reaching a scary point in our pregnancy as well as a milestone this week.

We are currently 23+4

With our previous loss, things began to go wrong at 23+5 when we lost our mucus plug and it was discovered that I was 2cm dilated with bulging membranes and no measurable cervix.

I didn’t know anything about IC at that time and we unfortunately lost him 5 days later at 24+3.

We are facing an even higher risk pregnancy this time, but our cerclage is holding tight.

Due to being funnelled to the stitch and having sludge in the amniotic fluid, our biggest concern is rupturing the membranes.

Hoping to make it through this week, and that passing these milestones will help to settle some of my anxiety!

My husband and I have made big changes to our lives since our loss in September.

He has sold his business and we have paid off our debts with the profits he made. This has given me the opportunity to leave my profession as a teacher, should I choose to. It’s looking more and more like I will be on maternity leave next year, but I have also been approved for a sabbatical if the pregnancy doesn’t work out.

Anyways, our dream is to move to Mexico for the winter and head back to Canada for the warmer months. My husband and I are both kite surfers and know many people who winter in a small community right on the beach. We’d love to join them.

We envision raising a child who has a huge extended beach family. Who becomes worldly due to the community of kiters that come from different backgrounds and walks of life. A child who is emmersed in both English and Spanish and who learns the value of adventure and sport, who’s life is balanced by being removed for extended periods of time from much of the technology, pressure, and frivolity that we experience in our life in Canada.

In contrast to the easy going life in a fishing town on a Mexican beach, we live in a very artsy neighborhood in the inner city. I hope to share my passion for the arts with my child and have them interact with creative and driven people.

Maybe it’s a pipe dream, but it keeps me going :)

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018 at 06:30 PM »
Hi there! 24+3 today. I'm so happy to have made it to this goal, but still very much looking forward to the next one of 28 weeks. I had sporadic contractions Friday, and a few over the weekend, and they make me slightly anxious because I keep having thoughts about my water breaking. It's broken on it's own with both my previous pregnancies, so I know what it feels like and I keep envisioning it happening right now. I think part of it was due to baby's position though, I think he/she was low over the weekend because I had to keep going to the bathroom, and just felt heavy and out of breath, but today I feel great. No urge to urinate constantly, I don't feel heavy, and no contractions. So my paranoia may have just been due to a baby pushing right up against my bladder ha.

I love being pregnant, although the riskiness and anxiety are major dampers now, but with this one more than my others I'm reaaallly looking forward to the newborn stage and having a baby to snuggle and watch grow and reach milestones. Since he/she will be our 3rd, it's kind of hard to think of things to lug 3 kids along to, but I'm really looking forward to being able to go on walks again. I'll have the older 2 in the double stroller and the baby in a carrier, so I think it'll work. I'm very much looking forward to getting in shape again.