Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Im back with baby #4  (Read 304 times)

mekvien

• View Profile
Im back with baby #4
« on: May 09, 2018 at 07:16 PM »
Cant say Im excited to be here again  :-[ but thankful for the support.  Id hoped this pregnancy were going to be different...easier.  But alas, here I am at 26 weeks on modified bedrest again.  I say modified because no matter what doctors orders, its impossible for me to be on real bedrest with my 4 and not even 2 year olds here.  Went to L&D yesterday for intense contractions and downward pressure.  It was so bad I couldnt walk to my kitchen without seriously feeling like this little girl was going to fall out.  I get multiple contractions an hour, every day.  They checked my cervix, im about 1cm dilated and 40% effaced (last time I was checked before my cervix was at 2 cm).  Im on progesterone injections but other than that, nothing else has or is being done to prevent further cervix changes.  Im scared.  I want very much to make it to August 1 (due Aug 12) at the least but seems like thats years away.  It would be the longest ive ever carried, so although it seems like a far cry to hope for, I am hoping anyway!! 

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Im back with baby #4
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018 at 09:12 PM »
How far did you make it with your others? I'm also 1cm dilated 50% effaced since my last L&D trip at 22 weeks. Have stayed more or less stable since then though. I hear you on the modified bedrest, I only have my 4 year old at home, but parenting from the couch/bed is challenging on his best days. We hired a babysitter to come and help on my "bad" days when I'm having stronger contractions or other symptoms so I can at least be completely off my feet when it is most important. Can't afford the care, but it is still cheaper than the hospital bills that come with a preemie so trying to look at it as an investment! Hope you have some friends/family you can reach out to for extra help with your little ones. I'm due August 20th so we are very close  ;D

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018 at 12:38 AM »
We lost our first son at 36 + 6 during birth  :'( and I was in preterm labor with him.  Our second son came after preterm labor and steroid shots and the whole gammit, at 35 + 5.  I had my daughter at 38 weeks with P17 injections.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you're in the bed rest club again.  :( Good for you for going to get checked out right away. I think that is going to be a big part of you cookin' as many weeks as possible. Any time something has changed, and of course if you're having contractions, always call. I know you will stay on top of it.

Will you be able to line up childcare of some sort? For me, I called it a patchwork of helpers: parents, siblings, college students. It was tough to patch together, but I had help for a large part of each day. I stayed on a futon in the family room so that I could still be a part of the action. It can be so hard.

We will certainly be here for you!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018 at 07:52 PM »
So sorry for your loss. For that to happen so late in pregnancy it must be hard to feel like you've  reached "safety" at any point.

Glad the P17 got you there with your daughter. Sometimes those shots feel so hopeless to me when I'm threatening preterm labor anyway, so it is reassuring to read about you making it to term with their help! I will be following your story and hope to see you make it to your August 1st goal!!!

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018 at 11:25 PM »
Thank you ladies!  Ill be 27 weeks tomorrow.  I do put my kids in daycare a few days a week which really helps, but I still have to get them ready and drive them there and/or pick them up and do bedtime routine.  I have another ultrasound at 32 weeks to check growth of the babe and measure my cervix, but thats so far away.  My kids are SO busy (almost 2 and just turned 4), its exhausting!!  I now look forward to Mondays because I have daycare help!  And I can work my business from bed, which is a TOTAL blessing.

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018 at 04:25 PM »
Update: I am now 29 +5.  Two days ago I saw my midwife (I see both an OB and a midwife, switching between both) and she checked me because Im having increased pressure and contractions, even while lying in bed.  Im now 50% effaced and baby is really low at 0 station.  I imagine even lower when Im on my feet and not lying on a table....certainly feels like it.  Im a nervous wreck!  I am not on true bedrest, I simply cannot be with my kids.  Im really scared, I want so so badly to make it to 39 weeks but that truly feels so far away!  I would love for this baby to move up or even transverse for a while!!  I just cant get her to move up at all, no matter what I try.  Any tips??  Every time I am standing or walking around my house I feel like her head is going to fall right out.  The pressure on my pubic bones is crazy.  I am going in weekly now to see her or my OB. I have an BPP ultrasound at 32 weeks.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018 at 02:31 PM »
I hear you on the pressure, every time my little one goes head down it feels like bowling ball between my legs. Luckily she doesn't seem to camp out there for more than a day right now. She is extra busy flip flopping around when my sugar levels are high (GD  :-\)  so in my completely unscientific advice maybe have a big glass of orange juice and lay down for a bit??

Depends how you feel about c-section vs. vaginal delivery too though, by this point most moms are hoping for head down. Even preemies do best delivered vaginally. If you are getting a c-section anyway for other reasons by all means do everything you can to flip her!!!

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018 at 11:55 PM »
No I definitely don't plan on a C section, hoping to have this girl like all my other babies, fast without drugs  :)