Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: head cold making things worse?  (Read 137 times)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
head cold making things worse?
« on: May 10, 2018 at 07:39 PM »
So after feeling slightly off yesterday I now have a full blown head cold. But besides the expected snot, sinus headache, loss of appetite,  painful ears and throat, and chesty cough my uterus seems very irritated by the situation with a big increase in cramping, pressure and back pain. For those of you with an irritable uterus have you noticed things getting temporarily worse when you catch a virus? Really don't want to go in to get poked and prodded at just for a cold that will resolve itself.

OBmom

• View Profile
Re: head cold making things worse?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018 at 12:57 PM »
Ugh definitely!
Any viral infection can make you less hydrated than normal, and we all know where that leads.
So besides feeling yucky, we also get the "pleasure" of dealing with the pregnancy consequences of our sickness.

I feel you - I spent half the night up vomiting with a stupid stomach bug. And today of course, more contractions. Not a bad thing at this stage, except I feel like I've been run over by a truck  :(

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: head cold making things worse?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018 at 06:28 PM »
Thanks I'm finding rest and extra hydration helps a little. Hope you clear your stomach bug soon. Run over by a truck captures it perfectly. I'm struggling to decide whether to lay down and rest to help most with contractions or be slightly more upright and active to keep the cough from camping out in my lungs. It's a very chesty cough and i'm disproportionately worried about it turning into pneumonia (I have mild asthma so once a cough gets into my chest it tends to linger a while and I had a bad viral pneumonia this past October). It's only day 2 of cold symptoms and i'm already wheezy with chest pains so feeling paranoid!