Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 21, 2018  (Read 251 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 21, 2018
« on: May 21, 2018 at 11:45 AM »
Hello, ladies!
So tell us what's new! Does anyone have any new books or movies to recommend to help pass the time? Also, does anyone want to propose a topic for our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific? Or, we can keep it open to discuss anything.

Keep those babies cookin'!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Like Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin

Lauren

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 21, 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018 at 12:52 PM »
26+4 today. Officially made it past the two week mark of the end of our last pregnancy. I’ve been feeling fantastic because we keep reaching milestones that I never thought we’d reach. We have another growth scan this week, and I’ve graduated from weekly to bi-weekly OB appointments.

I’m still on bedrest with some pretty intense restrictions, but am whittling away the time by watching our garden transform and visiting with friends. Now that we’ve revealed that we’re pregnant, we have a revolving front door. I’m a lucky gal to have so many supportive and loving people in my life.

I’m an avid reader, but have found that my tastes have changed somewhat during bedrest. I need books that don’t require me to think too much, a story that keeps the pages turning.

Here’s a list of some of the books I’ve read over the past 10 weeks that I would recommend to others:

A couple other good books I’ve recently read:
- homegoing (historical fiction/drama)
- wonder (teen lit)
- adrift: 76 days lost at sea (non fiction/adventure)
- and the mountains echoed (historical fiction/drama)
- the couple next door (thriller)
- the nightingale (ww2 historical fiction)
- the husbands secret (drama/thriller)
- all the missing girls (thriller)

Sorry for the lack of punctuation - typing from my phone :)

See y’all on the chat tomorrow (hopefully).  Will think about a topic and reply if I come up with anything good.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018 at 10:59 PM »
27 weeks today  ;D

Had a checkup and scan today with mixed news, posting to my story thread so not to get off on a tangent here.

Not so much a recommendation since this might not be the best to watch while having a high-risk pregnancy, but I've been watching the latest season of Handmaidens Tale on Hulu...who else relates to the imagery of the pregnant main character chained to her bed counting the flowers on her bedsheet!

I've been filling my major gaps in literature by reading all-time classics that I've somehow missed while growing up. Was surprised how much I enjoyed Grapes of Wrath recently.

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018 at 03:51 PM »
27+5 today; 2 more days until 28 weeks and the third trimester! I can't wait. I have a growth scan on Friday, so I'm praying everything looks good, but I'm so grateful to have made it to the next goal. I'm looking forward to seeing how things look and what they have to say about any restrictions or not. I'm getting to the point where I'm super worried about my water breaking at any moment...

Since growing up and entering the work force, then having kids, I've slacked so much with reading. And I waste WAY too much time on my phone. So I'd like to come up with a reading goal, as my "to read" list is a mile long. Mostly it consists of faith based (philosophical, theological, apologetics) type books, but I also have a lot of classics I'd like to read or re-read. I LOVE classics.