Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call: What is the most important thing you have learned on bedrest?  (Read 546 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Hello! Here's something to get the week started with some positive thoughts.

Tell us the most important thing you've learned while on bedrest. It can be philosophical or something practical (like knitting or a craft, or something you read in a book about newborn care) or something silly or fun (like how many animals have blue tongues: bit.ly/1QSkfen)

I'll start. When I was on bedrest, I learned that there is only so much in life you can control. For the rest, you just HAVE to let go.  (I also learned that my husband has NO idea how to fold towels, but he CAN cook.  :D )

Hope to see you all on the live chat tomorrow!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

mekvien

• View Profile
I have learned to truly allow myself to chill.  Even while I was supposed to be on bedrest the first time around, I would do laundry, clean up, cook, etc because I felt like I HAD to.  By the 3rd and now 4th time, I have come to accept that I need to take care of ME and baby FIRST and everything else is small potatoes....Ive learned to accept help.  Ive also strengthened my relationship with God SO much while in a state of rest and slowing way down.  Priceless.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
26 weeks today! Contractions seemed like they meant business getting me up at 5am this morning, but have thankfully slowed down again so still cooking :-)

I've learned that I am loved even when I have nothing to offer my husband. I'm not cooking for him, cleaning for him, having sex with him or bringing home an income, yet he still loves me deeply and devotedly, just for simply being. Between my three complicated pregnancies I've clocked up 67 weeks of bedrest and counting so far; I think it's safe to say he meant it when he agreed to "for better, for worse".

Lauren

• View Profile
I have learned that so much that I worried about before is small beans.

I must have lived a pretty charmed life prior to this year, prior to the loss of our first child and the challenges of this pregnancy. Before all of this, I have never faced real adversity. This process has taught me resilience. It has taught me that I’m stronger and braver than what I could ever have thought possible.

It has strengthened my idea of love. I have become closer to my husband and my sister. And of course, it has taught me about unconditional love for the life that grows inside of me.

This has undoubtedly been the hardest time in my life, but it’s theough life’s challenges that we grow and become better versions of ourselves.

MMorgan

• View Profile
I learned to appreciate time with family. I spent the last month of my bedrest in a hospital almost an hour away so I didn't see my husband and 4 year old daughter everyday. When they did come we cherished every moment, the nurses would bring us crafts and things to do. It was special.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Ladies,
Your responses give me the chills and bring happy tears to my eyes. Thank you for finding a light in of all of this and sharing that with us.