Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 4, 2018  (Read 324 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 4, 2018
« on: June 04, 2018 at 12:48 PM »
Hi, ladies! How's the weather near you? Try to find a chance to spend some time outside. For example, while eating a meal (when you'd be sitting up anyway) or reclining on a lounge chair. Any other suggestions on how you can make that happen?

I hope you all can join us tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern time for the Live Chat. It's always fun, but even more so when we have several moms on. In the meantime...

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 4, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018 at 02:37 PM »
Big day for us today, I'm 29 weeks now which is the furthest I've ever carried!!!

Relatively stable week for cramping/contractions. Still working with my doctors to try and get my blood sugar under control but otherwise doing good and feeling very optimistic  :)

A cold wet week of weather ahead for us, but I have been sitting out in the sun every chance I get. The house might be a mess, but somehow my husband found time to get our vegetable garden and fruit trees planted for the year so I'm pleased with a week of rain to water everything!

p.s. for sitting outside I'm a big fan of adirondack chairs, they are tipped back enough to keep the weight off my cervix but upright enough for me to eat comfortably and supervise my 4 year old.

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018 at 03:02 PM »
Hi all!
Still cookin’ at 28+4. Can’t believe we’ve made it this far!!
We’ve had incredible weather this spring. My husband and I have taken advantage by eating meals outside. I’m allowed to sit as tolerated, so I haven’t been concerned about the 10 minutes it takes to shovel in food.
We also have a giant beanbag that we drag outside to the patio and I can lie down on that and enjoy the sunshine.
We had a very busy weekend with a 60th surprise birthday for my mom, an art sale in our front yard, and the celebration of my nephews’ first birthday. My doctor gave me the thumbs up to attend all events, saying that I’m more likely to develop blood clots by sitting around than I am to go into labour by rupturing my membranes through movement. This perplexed me a little bit since she is the one that signed off on my restrictions, but I was elated to get out of the house.
I spent most of the time sitting, not standing, and have had no increased contractions or any signs of labour. So happy for this development!
I’ll take the rest of the week easy by spending it lying down, but it’s nice to know that I can leave the house now and then.
See you on the chat tomorrow!

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018 at 03:29 PM »
29+3 today. I'm getting pretty uncomfortable these days, easily getting out of breath and just feeling like I have no energy. TMI, but I've had some mild diarrhea for almost a week (just about twice a day though, so I don't think it warrants a call to the doctor) and one nose bleed a day since Thursday, so I'm kind of paranoid if these are signs of labor, or just third tri issues that can happen. I also have a few fairly strong (but not painful) contractions per day, and I'm wondering if I should be concerned about that as well. Nothing regular, and very infrequent, but I can most definitely feel them. I'm just so paranoid that these mean I'll go into labor soon, but at the same time, nothing is happening frequently enough or with a consistent pattern, so I'm probably fine, right?

We've had very summer like weather the past week, it's almost been too much for me, as the heat causes me to swell pretty bad and just makes me generally uncomfortable. But this week looks really, really nice. I want to take my kids to the park but I'll see how I feel this week in general, I don't want to over do it.

Oh, in some really positive news, I passed my glucose test on Friday, and I'm measuring right on track and everything looks great, so that was good to hear.

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018 at 07:56 PM »
30+1 here today.  Having increased ctx yesterday and today, so I am chugging the water in hopes of them slowing down.  They make me pretty anxious, as they cause so much more pressure for me as she is head down and very low.  My kiddos (2 and 4) are not making things easy lol.  Happy to hear many of you feeling well!  Praying lots for all of us!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018 at 03:50 PM »
Hi, ladies!
Don't miss the live chat TODAY at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/