Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Greycin and Gavins 1 week update  (Read 2806 times)

3twinmommy

• View Profile
Greycin and Gavins 1 week update
« on: June 30, 2010 at 09:46 PM »
I delivered my twin boys Greycin Matteo and Gavin Matthias 2 days shy of 30 weeks on my birthday June 23rd 2010. this weeks has been a marriot of ups and downs and today I find myelf emotionally drained. Greycin was found to have a bleed in his heart at birth and had surgery  2 hours after he was born. He did well post op and was even doing well with breast feeding but in the last two days he has taken a turn for the worst spiking fevers, forgetting how to breathe and not maintaining his own body temperature. I am so scared for my tiny 3 pound baby boy and feel so helpless. I feel stretched so thin between wanting to be with my very sick newborns and my 4 older children who need me too. I was in the hospital on bedrest from 19 weeks due to high blood pressures fevers and dizziness. I have been away from my older children I have a set of 11 year old twin boys and a set of 3 year old twin girls. so today was a rough day....after spending a day in the step up nursery Greycin was returned to the nicu for extra support oxygen swear 1 step forward and two steps back....sigh but Gavin is our little charmer. he is amazing us every day...the doctors are amazed at his progress and how well he is doing...we are just trying to get him to gain weight and get his gatro intestional issues under control...he does miss his brother as he cried for hours when they were seperated.....sigh yeah today was just today

runner123

• View Profile
Re: Greycin and Gavins 1 week update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010 at 12:46 PM »
You have been through so much, so it's no wonder that you feel drained.  I have heard that the NICU can be a roller coaster ride and it sounds like it has been for you and your little ones.  I will be thinking of you and your boys.  Keep staying strong.

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010 at 03:49 PM »
Hang in there mom!  Your little miracle babies have so many prayers behind them!  It's got to be so hard to be split between the babies and your older children.  I don't know how to do it.  You are amazing and don't forget that!  Keep us updated!

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010 at 03:26 PM »
You have three sets of twins?!  That's amazing!!  You must be super mom or something to do that :)
Were any of your other twins born early??
If you haven't gone through the NICU with your others, it is very normal to have those ups & downs, yes like a roller coaster....one step forward, two steps back.  My dtr was in for 92 days & even toward the end, it did get better, but still little setbacks that are so disappointing.
She was my 1st child & it was hard then, I can't imagine dealing with two babies in the NICU as well as other children at home.  (really hoping I don't have to find out 1st hand this time around).
I don't have any great advice for you...hang in there, somehow you will make it through!  Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers!