Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 11, 2018  (Read 381 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 11, 2018
« on: June 11, 2018 at 01:28 PM »
It's a new week! Anyone else have kids winding down the school year? Mine are done this week!

What are you looking forward to over the next few days? And if you don't have something special planned yet for this week, what will it be?

I've noticed that our turnout for the Tuesday live chats has been low. Is there something about the chats that we could do differently? Would you like to receive a reminder e-mail? Just let me know...

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 11, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018 at 07:42 PM »
30 weeks now :)

It's been a good week with less than usual cramping and contractions.

Still haven't got my GD fasting glucose where it needs to be, but seems like we finally have the insulin dose right for breakfast so that is a small victory for me this week.

Last week of pre-k for my son, I'm relieved to have made it through his school year without giving birth, it will make the NICU stay much less of an interruption to his schedule plus we might finally make it through a week without a new cold!!

Looking forward to finishing decorating the nursery over the next few days, since we finally got the painting done this past weekend.

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018 at 03:22 PM »
Hi all!

I have been MIA for a while. Nothing bad, just starting to get into baby mode. Friends have been donating baby items so I've been doing endless loads of laundry and cleaning! Although I don't miss my strict bed rest and enjoy having more freedom, I am missing having an excuse for not doing the housework!  ;)

My stepchildren finish school this Friday so they are definitely excited about that. We had a scary few days last week; baby seemed to stop moving around as much as he/she had been doing. I had an ultrasound and non-stress test and it seems I have an anterior placenta. Common, I know, but it did make me a little sad. Felt like things had been going so well and then here was another setback. It has made me carve out a couple of quiet times each day to concentrate on my kick counts, since I can barely feel them at times. I wish I could be at more of the group chats but Tuesday afternoons tend to be my doc appointments and then we go straight from there to pick up the children from school.

And 30 weeks . . . woohoo! I never thought I would get this far! :)

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018 at 04:00 PM »
30+4 today. I can't believe I'm at 30 weeks already! My son came in less than 4 weeks from this point, so I'm starting to get a little anxious, but hopeful I'll make it beyond that this time around. Contractions have settled down the past several days, so that's good.

I don't have kids in school yet, so there's no difference for me yet. But I do plan on homeschooling, so probably sometime in the next month or so I'll order the books for my daughter to casually start preK work over the summer.

I'm usually at work at my desk for the live chat, so the timing works for me, I just tend to forget...