Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 18, 2018  (Read 216 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 18, 2018
« on: June 18, 2018 at 03:24 PM »
We're closing in on the official start of summer! It's exciting to see time passing, but I know it can be a tough time as friends and family are having cookouts and weddings while you're stuck at home. This is a time when it is especially important to invite people over so that you don't feel quite so left out. Does anyone have suggestions on things you can do when visitors come over?

I'm looking forward to your updates! Hope to see you all on the Live Chat tomorrow.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Lauren

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 18, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018 at 04:24 PM »
Hi all!

We usually have friends over in the evening and invite them for dinner. I love cooking and after years of practice, experimentations, and failures, I’ve become pretty skilled in the kitchen and my friends know it! But since I’m on BR, I’m unable to cook or make things that are beyond basic. So, instead, we’ve been doing cooking lessons, and I instruct the guests from the couch (I have a clear view of the kitchen). The bonus is that we have a great time cooking together, we eat delicious food, and my friends walk away with new skills and recipes.

Recently, I’ve been able to move around a little more and have been enjoying meals and tea outside on the patio. Yesterday a few friends came over and we made acrylic dirty pour paintings together (so fun, so easy, and you can do it easily while sitting).

I’m unsure if I will be able to make the chat tomorrow as a friend is coming over for lunch. Will do my best to say hi!

Sri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018 at 03:47 AM »
 Lauren both guided- cooking lessons and acrylic dirty pour paintings (I'll check what they this is here shortly) sound fun and creative!

As for me, my parents are here to help and staying with us. They show our friends around our strawberry patch and garden and then my friends gather around me to talk. Our bedroom is the new family room ?

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018 at 05:54 PM »
31+4 today. I'm not on any restrictions, but have been laying pretty low as it's gotten hotter. I get pretty swollen in the heat, so try not to do much. I have all this motivation to hang out with friends, but after a full day with the kids, I just want them in bed early and want to relax on the couch watching TV or reading, so that's what I've been doing lately haha. I'm very much looking forward to being able to exercise again though. As much as it's nice to take it easy, I just want to be active again.

I should be able to make the chat, I actually remembered today.