Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 25, 2018  (Read 189 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 25, 2018
« on: June 25, 2018 at 12:14 PM »
Welcome to another Monday Roll Call!

I know it can be tough to stay motivated, so I thought it might be good to share the things that brighten your day most. For me, the highlights of bed rest were negative FFN tests, seeing my babies on ultrasound, and having my husband paint my toenails. One night he set up a "romantic" dinner on a card table next to our bed. We called it "dinner on the terrace." What keeps you going?

And as always, let us know how many weeks along you are and if you have any appointments to look forward to this week. If you had any appointments last week or any trips to L&D last week, let us know how those went.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 25, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018 at 09:44 PM »
Hi all!

I haven't been on here for a few weeks; the kids have been enrolled in summer day camps so ferrying them back and forth, plus getting ready for our little one has meant that I haven't really been online much. We had two mini "setbacks" since I last posted. I was admitted to L&D the week before last because of decreased movements. I found out that I have an anterior placenta, so I'm not feeling baby move around as much. We could see baby moving on the ultrasound, but I wasn't feeling it. At L&D, I was also told that baby is breech. So now I am doing the stretches and tricks to get baby turned. I know in the grand scheme of things, these are not major issues, but I am still a little sad. Kick counts each night are stressful and I worry I won't get the delivery I really want. I know - a healthy baby is all that matters, but I just wanted something to go my way! On the bright side, we're 32w,1d AND baby is already measuring 4lbs. Cannot believe we are almost there! We finally felt ready to put up the crib last week.

Hope everyone is doing well.

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 25, 2018
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018 at 06:05 PM »
32+4 today. I'm getting more comfortable by the day that things will turn out ok! Contractions haven't been too bad lately, thankfully. I had my c-section scheduled for August 10, but want to push it closer to or beyond my due date so I can hopefully go into labor on my own, so we'll see how that goes. The next possible date that works is August 15, but I'm checking to see if they will allow me to have it on the 20th (my due date is the 17th and I'm pretty sure I'm a week later than the doctor's standard calculation). I might not have to worry about any of this, but it's very surreal to schedule the birth of my child and have it all planned out. I kind of like it better when it's spontaneous.

I have an appointment Thursday, but I think it will be very standard and quick, as I don't have any concerns right now. Other than that, things are going pretty well; my oldest turned 4 today, and we had her party over the weekend, which was fun.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, it's going to be hot, so we will hopefully spend some time at the lake.