Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 2, 2018  (Read 427 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 2, 2018
« on: July 02, 2018 at 01:43 PM »
"I learned that we can do anything, but we can't do everything... at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything."
--Dan Millman

And this is your time to cook! Let everything else fall aside ... for now.

So tell me what is new, ladies! What are you looking forward to this week? As always, let us know how many weeks along you are.

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

P.S. Our Live Chat will return next Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time.

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 2, 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018 at 02:38 PM »
I'm 33+3 today. It's hard to believe I had my last baby at 34 weeks. I'm also slightly paranoid as the days draw closer to 34 weeks that the same thing will happen again, BUT my son is 18 months and perfect, so I know if I make it to 34 we should be ok. According to the doctors, there still is no reason for me to have any restrictions, and other than occasional BH contractions so far, I have no signs of labor, so I'm just taking it day by day. My water has broken randomly with my previous pregnancies though, and that's what starts contractions, so I'm not even sure my body will give me signs leading up to it. My c/s is scheduled for August 16th though, so if I don't go before, that's the day!

I'm looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday off for the 4th of July, and possibly Thursday as well, but I'm not 100% sure. It's my favorite holiday. We may go to the beach with my SIL Tuesday, and Wednesday we'll go to the parade in my hometown.

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018 at 08:40 PM »
Hi all!

32+4 today and feeling good!

We have another growth ultrasound and OB visit on Thursday.  Looking forward to seeing baby!

My restrictions have been lessened, so I'm a little more mobile now and can go on outings, provided we use the wheelchair instead of walking.  I continue to spend most of my days lying on the couch, but most of my mornings have been filled with World Cup Soccer action.  Can't wait to get back on the pitch once baby is here!

We FINALLY started getting some things prepped for baby.  Ordered a few essential consumables online and was given more than I could ever have expected from my sister whose twins are 13 months.  We are pretty much ready for this little one to make it's arrival (although I would be more than happy to wait for our due date!).

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians, and Happy 4th of July to all the Americans out there!

KateL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018 at 03:22 PM »
I'm exactly 21 weeks today. Still bleeding daily with placenta previa, but it seems to have been a slower flow this week and to have stabilized.

I'm looking forward to an ultrasound and OB appointment on Friday, but also nervous about this, too. After my last ultrasound + OB visit 4 weeks ago (the OB office / ultrasound clinic are in two different locations, so I have to travel more than I'd like), I had a major bleeding episode that landed me in the hospital for an afternoon, a couple of days later.

I'm wondering whether I can ask my doc to push back this Friday's ultrasound/checkup a few more weeks, since I seem to be stable. I know that both I and the baby need to be monitored. At the same time, I worry that another round of visits / cab rides on bumpy NYC roads could aggravate my condition and jeopardize my baby, right before he reaches any kind of viability marker. Much as I struggle with bedrest, I really do feel that it's helping to keep this little one growing and thriving - in the past couple of weeks, his nudges have been growing stronger and more regular, and the pregnancy feels ever more "real".