Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Anxious about every symptom  (Read 274 times)

Emilymychal

• View Profile
Anxious about every symptom
« on: July 10, 2018 at 08:03 PM »
I'm 21 weeks and becoming anxious. I called the nurse last night because of some discharge that seemed like more than normal. She talked to me a few different times and ultimately said if I didn't have any more over the next hour that it was fine. I didn't have any more, so I went to bed. Now today I just feel anxious and my lower back hurts. I know that it's probably a normal pregnancy pain- compensating for my growing belly but I cannot relax! I even called and tried to move my Thursday OB appt up to tomorrow (with no luck). How much discharge is normal (I take vaginal progesterone)? How much back pain is too much? I just had a Perinatal appt last monday and my cervix is holding at 3.7 so really no other reason to be concerned...

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Anxious about every symptom
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018 at 07:14 PM »
I'm so familiar with the anxiety around that time! You're so close to viability, and yet not there yet. It's such a stressful time, so, hugs. I will say it sounds like what you're dealing with is normal; I know vaginal progesterone definitely causes more discharge, so I wouldn't worry about that too much, especially because the length of your cervix sounds fantastic. That's longer than any measurements I ever had, am I'm still here at 35 weeks. As far as back pain, if it's really, really bothering you to the point where you're extremely uncomfortable, then I might call, but if not, I'd also attribute it to normal pregnancy pain. I've had some pain and cramping throughout, and often it was either due to baby's position, or needing to take a BM (sorry for the TMI!). Given your cervical length though, I would not worry too much about the symptoms you're describing. Try not to stress, that's not helpful to the baby either!

rhi1996

• View Profile
Re: Anxious about every symptom
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018 at 11:46 PM »
I know that anxiety. I spent three days in hospital just recently getting extra tests done because of unusual cramping which they put down to irritable uterus and everytime I sneeze and wee myself I worry it's my waters. My cervix is holding at 3.6 cm but I know how quickly it can change.