Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 23, 2018  (Read 784 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 23, 2018
« on: July 23, 2018 at 12:21 PM »
"You can learn many things from children.
How much patience you have, for instance."
                                    --Franklin P. Jones

Ain't that the truth! And sometimes even before they are born!

Let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're feeling. Do you have any appointments this week or any news to report from last week? Be sure to set an alarm for tomorrow's Live Chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/symptoms-of-preterm-labor/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 23, 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018 at 06:26 PM »
Still here, 36+3 today! I had my last progesterone injection last Friday, which is crazy! I'm on to weekly appointments now, and they want to do another growth u/s this Friday, because apparently I was measuring 33 weeks at my last appointment, which seems odd to me because I have been measuring exactly on track this whole time, so I'm pretty sure it was a fluke, but I'm ok with seeing baby again.

After this weekend, I'll be quite ready to be done haha. It's getting very hard lugging around this belly and chasing after my 2 kids. But I guess it's still probably easier with an inside baby than out. Hopefully everyone else is doing great!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018 at 07:46 PM »
Wow! Congratulations on 36 weeks and counting! Amazing! As far as measuring 33 weeks, that sounds like a total fluke. Maybe Baby has moved further down. How exciting that would be.

So what do you have planned for when you hit 37 weeks? Anything special with the kids? Dinner out with your partner? How about a haircut or pedicure? Live it up, mama!

Congrats again! Keep us posted...

littlemissamanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018 at 08:15 PM »
It has been a while since I posted! Hope everyone is doing well.

Yesterday, I made it to 36 weeks. The relief is tremendous. Tomorrow, I get to "ditch the stitch" and from then, it will be a waiting game. The hospital bag is packed and I *think* we have everything ready! I am so grateful for all of the support and encouragement I found on here; there were some very dark days, especially at the beginning. The "We've made it" posts I read at the beginning of my journey gave me so much hope, so I hope I can offer that same hope to someone else.

Amanda

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018 at 02:47 PM »
Wow! Congratulations on 36 weeks and counting! Amazing! As far as measuring 33 weeks, that sounds like a total fluke. Maybe Baby has moved further down. How exciting that would be.

So what do you have planned for when you hit 37 weeks? Anything special with the kids? Dinner out with your partner? How about a haircut or pedicure? Live it up, mama!

Congrats again! Keep us posted...

Thank you! Yes, I'm thinking it was a fluke, and it would be nice if the baby dropped and comes sooner than later. I have a C/S scheduled but would really like to labor first and try for a vaginal delivery again, if all looks well.

I'm not really sure! A hair cut sounds like a good option, I do need one. I think I want to try to start going on walks again, I've missed them so much!

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018 at 02:49 PM »
Congrats to you too, littlemissamanda! What a relief to have made it!!! It's always so wonderful to hear all these success stories. There is so much hope for others in the earlier stages, as we were there not long ago at all.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018 at 03:34 PM »
Congrats, Amanda! I am so excited for you!

Ladies: Please come back next week with updates if you can. You are right that the success stories are so inspiring. I hope you'll continue to share yours!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018 at 03:54 PM »
As some of you know, I’m no longer cooking.

Tommy was born 2 weeks ago at 33+6. He’s still in NICU learning to build enough stamina to feed without the help of a feeding tube.

He is perfectly healthy in every other way and required no further medical intervention. I was so surprised when he didn’t require any breathing support, especially since we didn’t have time for steroids.

He has had amazing weight gain and is well past his birthweight. He’s a strong little fella who can already lift his head with control and turn it to rest on the other cheek, and has been doing so since day 1!"

We are so, so, so in love with our little guy, and in constant awe that we made it so far in our pregnancy despite all of our complications.

There is so much hope!