Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 30, 2018  (Read 201 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 30, 2018
« on: July 31, 2018 at 01:50 AM »
It's almost August and here you are! Your dedication to your babies is wonderful.

Just for fun, share with us which TV shows you are watching. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit how much TV I've been watching late at night, but I HAVE to let my brain zone out after a packed day with work and the kids home from school. You need to give your brains a break, too. A couple goofy-just-for-fun shows I have been watching are The Last Man on Earth and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt. How about you?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas! Hope to see you on the Live Chat tomorrow!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Preventing and treating preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/prevention-treatment/preventing-preterm-birth/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Lauren

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 30, 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018 at 08:37 PM »
Well, I'm not on bedrest anymore, but I am hanging out at home with our little one and have lots of time on my hands.

Recently I've been enjoying The Great British Baking Show".  It's ridiculously cute and is a breath of fresh air compared to the cut-throat cooking competitions that are on the Food Network.  I seriously can't get enough of this show!

I started watching Grey's Anatomy while on 4 months of bedrest and despite the 13 seasons available on Netflix, I somehow didn't manage to finish them all!  Word of caution - many episodes were triggering due to topics covering infant mortality.

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 30, 2018
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018 at 03:33 PM »
I'm still here cooking at 37+5. I thought for sure my water had broken over the weekend, while we were 3 hours out of town. I bent over to get my swimsuit on, and fluid gushed out, exactly like when my water has broken in the past, but it wasn't clear, it looked more like discharge, though watery. I ended up going to triage at the local hospital, and they did several tests to make sure I hadn't ruptured, and by some miracle, I hadn't. I was dreading having the baby out of town with nothing at all. I guess it was just extra cervical fluid or something, but it kind of poured out even when they were testing me. That's super TMI, I'm sorry! I've never had anything like that happen before though, so I'm still not sure what was going on. They tested the fluid around the baby and it all was normal.

I'm so grateful to have made it this far, but I really am hoping to go into labor before my scheduled C/S in 2 weeks, so any day now would be great. I was 3cm dilated and about 60% effaced in triage, but with my full term first, I was walking around at 4 cm for 2 weeks.

I'm looking for a new show to watch currently. I finished Downton Abbey a while ago, and LOVED it, and now I'm struggling to find anything I like quite as much. I've been reading more in the evenings than watching TV, but if we watch anything lately it's episodes of The Office, or animal documentaries, which I love.