Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bedrest for 1.4cm short cervix and funneling...looking 4 support  (Read 203 times)

Bedrest1stTimeMom

• View Profile
Hi, I am a first time mom...I've had a difficult pregnancy- hemmhorraged 3 times, marginal placenta previa but since has been resolved. Baby was doing great and growing! Then, at 22 weeks they discovered my cervix which was almost 5cm at 14 weeks went down to 1.4cm!! And funneling- they put me on bedrest right away and just like that my life feels so different. I was a full time nurse working overnight at a busy hospital and now I'm bedridden. I feel scared, hopeful, bored, achy and rested all at once. I'm looking for someone out there with the same situation who is looking to chat and help support one another. Let me know!

ChibiMonica

• View Profile
Re: Bedrest for 1.4cm short cervix and funneling...looking 4 support
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018 at 06:36 PM »
Hello! I feel your situation as mines is similar. Unexpectantly found out my cervix was short and funnelling, I was feeling pressure while working as a nurse at the hospital. I always see nurses work until they pop and it stinks I’m on bedrest until probably when I deliver. It’s hard to vent to someone about suddenly not working as a busy nurse. Did you go back to work part time?