Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 25 weeks & bulging waterbag  (Read 169 times)

Mrsoblack

• View Profile
25 weeks & bulging waterbag
« on: August 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM »
Hi everyone this is my first time ever posting, although I registered weeks ago. I currently see a high risk doctor and my regular obgyn doctor. I had an appt to check on the baby yesterday and the waterbag was pass my cerclage. I was Immediately instructed to go to the doctor which I was admitted right away. Unfortunately I’ve been in this type of situation several times and as a result currently have no living children. I’m not freaking out though but of course I still have concerns. I’m assuming the good part is the water isn’t actually broken, I’ve been placed on bedrest where I can cheat (thinking that if I do something it should be okay). My question is can the waterbag go back up with strict bedrest? Oh I forgot to mention I was contracting as well but I was thinking it was just Braxton Hicks, they were able to stop that as well.

rhi1996

• View Profile
Re: 25 weeks & bulging waterbag
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018 at 08:08 AM »
How far along are you? I believe the waters bulge less when you have bed rest but i haven't had this experience myself. Hopefully all goes well for you

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018 at 11:18 PM »
Hi, Mrsoblack.
I'm sorry you're facing this challenge. It sounds like you have had a very difficult pregnancy journey.  :( Are you on bedrest in the hospital?

Bedrest1stTimeMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018 at 01:32 PM »
Hi,

I'm in a very similar situation. Turning 24 weeks tomorrow but was hospitalized at 23 weeks for incompetent cervix, 2cm dilated and membrane showing. I have no pain, no contractions and although I feel leaking they tested and said it was not the amniotic fluid. This week has been the hardest week of my life, laying here in the hospital with a million thoughts running through my mind. All I can do is pray, hope and have faith God will care for me and my son. I know they used to put people on strict bedrest with the bed in trendelenberg but that hasn't been done now- most doctors at hospitals want you to get up and walk to the bathroom so you don't get a blood clot. Let me know if you need a friend! We can always talk 😁