Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Short cervix  (Read 470 times)

BabyMM

• View Profile
Short cervix
« on: August 16, 2018 at 08:32 PM »
Hi everyone This is my first pregnancy . I heard of this site and immediately signed up I need some encouragement and positive outcomes with cerclage. I went in for check up at 18+5 weeks was told my cervix was 1.9cm and dialated 0.5 . They placed a emergency cerclage the next morning. I’m on bed rest just go get up for the bathroom. Any positive stories. I’m scared and anxious I am now 19+5

Miffer

• View Profile
Re: Short cervix
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018 at 11:39 PM »
Hi I just had a emergency cerclage this morning. I’m 20 weeks and hoping for the best.

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018 at 01:14 PM »
Hello I’m here to offer some home to all you ladies struggling. I was placed on strict bedrest at 20 weeks because my cervix went from 3.6 to 1.6 in one weeks time between ultrasounds and I had to do weekly transvaginal ultrasounds until 34 weeks I believe.  They said it was too late for a cerclage and so I was hopeless.
I’m happy to say the baby hung in there and I had him at 41 weeks. They didn’t even have hope that he would make it to viability. I took progesterone and stayed on bedrest only got up to use the bathroom and get into the car to be driven to the hospital where I was wheeled to the ultrasound clinic weekly.
Good luck ladies! Stay strong

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018 at 02:02 PM »
Hey there, Smittymelly! My old friend! Thanks for joining this post.

Miffer: How are you feeling? How have your OB appointments been going?

mamabear2mycubs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018 at 07:32 PM »
I was hoping someone can offer encouragement with success stories.  There are a lot of happy endings in this forum and I hope to gain comfort from your experiences.  When they first measured my CL at 22 weeks it was 1.8cm, a week later it was at 2cm, and week later it is 1.7cm.  I am currently 24w5d.  Dr. said it's not that much of a change from 1.8cm but yet I'm discouraged.  I'm on nightly progesterone suppositories 200mg and instructed to "take it easy". 

Any mamas out there that can relate?

Mamaato

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018 at 11:18 PM »
I think you should seek a second opinion from another doctor

christined

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018 at 04:51 PM »
I had similar measurements to you in my first pregnancy and managed to carry my daughter to just shy of 36 weeks.  My mfm did not recommend bedrest but I put myself on modified rest and I truly think that was what helped stabilize my cervix.  Good luck to you!