Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: What was labor like with a dynamic cervix  (Read 329 times)

Lalanicole

• View Profile
What was labor like with a dynamic cervix
« on: September 10, 2018 at 10:48 PM »
Hi!
I am interested to hear what your labor was like if you had a dynamic cervix... I see so many posts about funneling/dynamic cervix but I haven’t seen much as far as when labor started (gestational age) and was it fast and furious? Did you just feel pressure?
I was diagnosed with dynamic cervix at 31 wks. My cervix was 5cm in length but over a 4min period opened up to 3.5cm dilated and only .99mm of effacement left at the external os (with the external os staying closed at 1cm) this was laying on my back with no gravity applying baby to my cervix. I have been on modified bedrest and am now 34.5wks.
Looking forward to hearing how your birthshave been

Smittymelly

• View Profile
Re: What was labor like with a dynamic cervix
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018 at 01:10 PM »
I had a dynamic cervix with my second pregnancy. It went from 3.6 to 1.6 in one week when I was 20 weeks pregnant and I was put on strict bed rest. He arrived at 41 weeks and I had a natural birth . It was fairly quick. I was fully dilated in about 2 hrs max. I ended up going without meds .i will say I felt zero pain after birth- something very different from my first birth. Best of luck to you!

Lalanicole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018 at 05:44 PM »
Thank You for sharing your story. Did you stay in bed until 40wks? Or at what week gestation did you resume regular activity.

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM »
I was on bedrest until about 37 weeks then I was getting up and taking it easy . By 38 weeks I was walking around more.