Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Pprom at 25+6  (Read 277 times)

rhi1996

• View Profile
Pprom at 25+6
« on: September 15, 2018 at 04:34 AM »
Stuck in hospital due to pprom 2 days ago. Cervix is just long enough and apparently closed. Contractions on and off that aren't doing anything. On tired and sore mumma here

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Pprom at 25+6
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018 at 01:47 PM »
You must be so emotionally and physically drained with all you've been through the past few weeks and now the PPROM.  :( What are the docs telling you so far? Any signs of infection? I'm guessing they're giving you antibiotics to avoid that. How are your fluid levels? The amniotic fluid continues to be produced, so hopefully they will stay steady. Thank goodness your cervix is closed!

How are you keeping busy in the hospital? Are you having visitors? I hope you're staying social, even if you don't feel like it. Being around other people will help to keep you positive and motivated.

Let us know how you are doing. Positive thoughts coming your way!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Pprom at 25+6
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018 at 02:01 PM »
I just came across this blog post from just a few days ago. I think it will offer you some hope.

The author wrote:
"Sebastian was born at 29 weeks 5 days, weighing at 3 lbs 5.6 oz. He is a PROM survivor. My water broke at 16 weeks on May 02, 2018. He was born 08/04/2018."

https://www.shanneva.com/bed-rest/ Please scroll down to the story about Sebastian.