Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call AND a Success Story  (Read 458 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call AND a Success Story
« on: October 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM »
Success Story!
I'm dedicating today's Roll Call to Jmomma and her incredible success story. She joined the KEC Forum when she was only 19+5 weeks along with a 1.8 cm cervix. She was a very active member and continues to inspire us with her story below, which she sent to me just a few days ago...

I delivered our baby on August 7, at 38+4. He was 6lb9oz, 18 inches long, and everything was perfect, no NICU time at all. I went into labor during the night with contractions that became steady and painful and did not go away. I was so sure they would eventually stop, so I got ready for work in the morning and by the time I was done getting ready, I had to stop and breath through each contraction because they hurt so much. It turns out by the time we got to the hospital, I was complete. I still ended up with a c/s because the doctor was not comfortable with me pushing being that I already had 2 previous c/s. I'm glad I got to experience labor with contractions, and no medication. They hurt so bad, but I realized I could count down from 30 and by the time I got to 1, they would be over and I felt 100% fine until the next one came on. They were much different than the pitocin contractions.

I hope all the "new" mommas stay strong and keep cooking, and the mommas that were due around the time I was are all doing well with their babies!

Congratulations, Jmomma!

Current bed rest moms and moms-to-be: Be sure to post an update here to let us know how you're doing. How far along are you? What are you looking forward to this week?

NEW DAY FOR LIVE CHAT: Our high-risk pregnancy  and bed rest Live Chat is now on THURSDAYS at 2 pm Eastern (1 pm Central/Noon Mountain/11 am Pacific) http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018 at 11:39 AM by Angela »

Amanda.d

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call AND a Success Story
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018 at 12:48 PM »
I'm so happy for you, your baby and your amazing success story! Way to go mama!

Your story has actually came at the perfect time. I was diagnosed with a short cervix at 25 weeks and am 30 weeks, 4 days today. Unfortunately, I got some news yesterday that I've shortened and thinned a lot and am under a centimetre now. I was given the steroid shot and going back today for a second round in case I do give birth early. It was definitely an emotional day and I pray that baby stays in!

Your positive story has given me hope that I can do this and that baby will be alright!

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call AND a Success Story
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018 at 02:04 PM »
Thank you for posting my story Angela, it's so sweet of you. I really do hope it gives other mommas hope!

Amanda, making it to almost 31 weeks is great. My second was born at 34 weeks and spent 12 days in the NICU, but at 22 months is totally, completely normal and healthy. I'll pray you keep cooking!