Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 15, 2018  (Read 92 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for October 15, 2018
« on: October 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM »
"I learned that we can do anything, but we can't do everything... at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything."
--Dan Millman

And this is your time to cook! Let everything else fall aside...for now. So tell me what is new, ladies! What are you looking forward to this week? As always, let us know how many weeks along you are.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

Angela

UPDATE: High-Risk Pregnancy Live Chat: Now on THURSDAYS at 2 pm Eastern (1 pm Central/Noon Mountain/11 am Pacific) http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

jmomma

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 15, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018 at 07:08 PM »
I hope it's ok to post here, but I never came back to update. I ended up having our baby on August 7, at 38+4. He was 6lb9oz, 18 inches long, and everything was perfect, no NICU time at all. I went into labor during the night with contractions that became steady and painful and did not go away. I was so sure they would eventually stop, so I got ready for work in the morning and by the time I was done getting ready, I had to stop and breath through each contraction because they hurt so much. It turns out by the time we got to the hospital, I was complete. I still ended up with a c/s because the doctor was not comfortable with me pushing being that I already had 2 previous c/s. I'm glad I got to experience labor with contractions, and no medication. They hurt so bad, but I realized I could count down from 30 and by the time I got to 1, they would be over and I felt 100% fine until the next one came on. They were much different than the pitocin contractions.

I hope all the "new" mommas stay strong and keep cooking, and the mommas that were due around the time I was are all doing well with their babies!