Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 317 times)

jesswalker27

• View Profile
New to the group
« on: November 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and am really excited about having some support as I go through my own journey. I'm at 28/5 today, and last week got admitted for preterm labor, was found to be 3cm dilated with regular contractions. We've stopped imminent labor and now I'm on "houserest" for the foreseeable future. I'm actually a 4th yr medical student going into OBGYN, which means I know enough to be absolutely terrified about all that's going on, but not enough to be reassured! I was supposed to be interviewing for residency between now and the new year - I have now had to cancel 6 interviews and all of my clinical rotations. Going from 1000MPH to doing absolutely nothing has been so hard, and I'm only a few days in! Hoping to make some friends on this site and keep each other sane!

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018 at 09:21 AM »
Welcome! That must be rough for you to have to stop all of your ambitions so abruptly. I'm very happy for you that they were able to stop your labor. I'm 21 + 5 and have been on bedrest due to placental issues since 12 weeks although I am allowed to go to church now.

jesswalker27

• View Profile
Re: New to the group
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018 at 11:56 AM »
Oh my gosh, since 12 weeks?! You are a rockstar mama!