Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! July 5th  (Read 3857 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! July 5th
« on: July 05, 2010 at 08:07 AM »
You've made it into July, ladies! So who is still cookin'? How many weeks? Any deliveries last week?

And let us know what you are looking forward to this week: Appointments? Visits from friends? A certain book, movie or TV show?

Think positive. Be proactive. Stay pregnant. :)
--Angela

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! July 5th
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010 at 03:46 PM »
Today we are 30 weeks and 3 days!  It's so hard to believe that we made it to the 30 week mark!  Although he would still be a premie if delivered right now, he seems like a full term baby to me!  We have been on bed rest since 13 weeks so to make it to 30 is something we didn't know we'd get.  I still haven't bought anything for him or set up his room.  I guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The baby shower is this upcoming Sunday so my husband and I have decided that we will start nesting after the shower.

Also, I had my 30 week ultrasound the other day and the Placenta Previa is resolved!!!!  During the ultrasound we found out that our little fighter is not so little.  He is 4lbs 4oz and measuring in the 95% for height, weight, and (gulp) head!  Apparently I am TOO good at bed rest!  The Perinatologist was worried I had gestational diabetis but our tests we took that day came back negative for it.  The kid is just a line backer!  He is also breech so C-Section is still on the table even though the Previa is gone.  But for me and baby to be healthy for the first time in 30 weeks is an odd feeling.  We have a follow up with the OB Wednesday to find out how he wants to move forward.  Not sure if he will release me from bed rest.  We've had so many complications this pregnancy that it wouldn't surprise me if he stuck to the plan and kept me in bed until 36 weeks.  Whatever happens i am just glad that we have made it this far!  Our baby is a miracle!

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010 at 07:47 PM »
Well...
I'm writing from my High Risk OB room where I'm spending the night tonight :(
I'm exactly 24 weeks today.  I was really hoping to see this day come & go behind me uneventfully...
I had my 17P shot yesterday (#9 so far!), but still was having contractions today.  I was having a few every hour from the time I woke up this morning & called the OB shortly after.  (usually I don't have more than a few contractions/day).  Did the usual recommendations....took a bath, drank water, emptied bladder & no change.  I think the on call person didn't think I needed to come in, but w/ my history of DD coming at 26 weeks 5 days, I decided not to mess around.
Good news - my cervical length was unchanged if not better - 2 weeks ago the shortest was 3.3 cm & today my shortest measurement was 3.4 cm :)
On the contraction monitor they say I just have an "irritable" uterus & they aren't really contractions that count; but I feel my stomach tightening & pressure with it.  I've had 2 doses of ibuprofen since this AM & that has done nothing.   They said "on paper" everything looks OK, but with me being nervous & my history, decided to watch me overnight.  Will monitor contractions before bed tonight, recheck cerv length in AM, get my glucose/diabetes test done so they can possibly give me a steroid shot just in case. 
Hmmm.....i just want to know why I suddenly started contracting so much more!  And to cook this baby much much longer!!!

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010 at 10:07 PM »
Hi.  I'm new here.  26 weeks pregnant with short cervix, IU and contractions for which I'm taking procardia - also on progesterone.  Did the same thing last pregnancy and delivered a healthy boy at 34 weeks.  Hoping for similar healthy outcome for my little girl.  Bedrest is tough but now I appreciate that when the baby comes my days of rest are over!  Good luck to all and look forward to checking in next week.

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010 at 09:16 PM »
I'm now 30 weeks 4 days and I'm very thankful to have made it this far.  I had a lot of painful cramping, some tightening and pressure on Sunday, but I'm still only 1cm dilated.  At my ultrasound today, my cervix measured 2.2 and went down to 1.9 with fundal pressure.  That's the shortest it's been, but I guess shortening is to be expected at this stage.  Baby is measuring big (87th percentile) and is measuring at 31 weeks 6 days.  It's nice to know that he's measuring close to my next goal of 32 weeks, even if it's still 10 days away!  I hope to hang in there for a few more weeks, but I am so ready to be done of bed rest.  The taste of freedom that I got today going to my appointment just makes me want more freedom!

JValen999

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
ive officially been on bedrest for 4 weeks! (got my cerclage at 13 weeks) i am now 17 weeks today! i have a long way to go ..but so far so good..my last cervical measurement was 4cm! im going next monday to check again and find out my baby's gender!

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM »
Hey everyone, the last time I posted an update I told you I was getting induced on July 3rd at 39 weeks and two days pregnant.  Well, my little man had other plans!  He came on his own the day before on July 2nd!  Labor and delivery went so smooth!  I was in labor for about 10 hours and pushed for about a hour.  We are so in love with our little boy!  It was the best day of our lives!  I would do bed rest a million times over for him!

Liam Ray
Born July 2nd at 4:04pm
Weighing 7 lb. 13 oz.
20 1/2 in. long

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010 at 05:24 PM »
A big welcome to Liam Ray at 39 weeks! Way to go, mama! I am SO happy for you! Yes, all those weeks on bedrest certainly paid off.  :-*