Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 20 weeks cervix 2.6 with funneling  (Read 196 times)

DL518

• View Profile
20 weeks cervix 2.6 with funneling
« on: November 14, 2018 at 09:57 PM »
Hello I am new to this site and I am worried out of my mind. Previously At 19 and 5days I found out I was all the way dilated via (transvaginal ultrasound) with no cervical length left. My doctor sent me to the hospital with the choice of waiting it out or being induced. The plan was to wait it out and let my body take the natural course however I developed a fever and was induced due to infection. I think the infection came from the transvaginal ultrasound however it doesn’t matter now.

I am currently pregnant again. At 15 weeks I had a preventative cerclage placed. 3days later I noticed my underwear was wet and when i went to the hospital they said it was positive for amniotic fluid which meant my membranes ruptured. My doctor took the stitch out because he said there was high risk for infection. He then was going to proceed to induce me however I refused. They sent me home. I have not been leaking any fluid since and the baby’s heart beat has been fine. I’ve been getting weekly abdominal checks  because they don’t want to insert anything in the vagina and also Makena shots. Today at my 20 week scan my cervix measured 2.6 with funneling. Last week it was 4 cm. I’m so stressed out. It’s annoying that it changes so drastically and even more annoying that they can’t do a transvaginal ultrasound. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Mamaato

• View Profile
Re: 20 weeks cervix 2.6 with funneling
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018 at 10:21 PM »
I am sorry you are going through this. I would suggest seeking another opinion to see if another rescue cerclage can be placed. Meanwhile, try placing yourself on strict bedrest. Good luck

DL518

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018 at 10:42 PM »
Thank you. I was thinking that. I’m just so nervous of getting another one and end up getting an infection and/or something going wrong .

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018 at 03:05 AM »
I am extremely sorry for your prior loss and everything you are going through now. I found information on supplements to take after a rupture. Maybe this can be a help to you. http://www.aapprom.org/theregimen