Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New here! Cervix 1.7 inch at 28 weeks  (Read 944 times)

Triciabyrd

• View Profile
New here! Cervix 1.7 inch at 28 weeks
« on: December 01, 2018 at 10:26 PM »
Yesterday I went for my ob check up and got a slap in the face when I was told my cervix went from 4 inches to 1.7 inches. Bed rest here I come! Anyone else going through long term bed rest? It would be nice to discuss some things with women going through the same thing as I am. My husband has been my backbone through this entire pregnancy but he can only help so much in this instance.

My doctor told me to call her if any contractions happen but I’m so paranoid that I feel like everything is a contraction! My husband is a fire fighter and he’s gone for 24 hours at a time so it’s very hard not to freak out at every movement my baby girl does!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018 at 10:35 PM by Triciabyrd »

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: New here! Cervix 1.7 inch at 28 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018 at 11:54 AM »
Hi, Tricia.

Christina (posting on Facebook) says:
That would be so hard...sending prayers and good juju your way. I was on bedrest from 22 weeks and don’t know what I would have done without my husband to help cook and whatnot.

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018 at 02:36 PM »
Hi Tricia I’m currently in hospital on bed rest (modified) as my cervix shortened and I was admitted to have a stitch put in. I was admitted wat 20wks and I’m now 23wks + 5days so everyday is precious.

I’m the same, every movement or unfamiliar feeling sets me off so I’m constantly asking my midwives here what it is.

I’ve tried to keep myself busy with activities through the day so that I’m distracted. Do you have anything you like to do eg knitting, scrapbooking, reading or even netflix?

Thinking of you and if you need someone to talk I’m here too (though I’m based in Australia).

xoxo Toni

mamabear2mycubs

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018 at 01:48 PM »
Hi Tricia,

I'm not on bed rest but have taken it upon myself to take it very easy.  It is good to have the support of your significant husband.  It makes all the difference. When I was first told my cervix was short and dynamic, I had no clue what it meant..after finding out that's when panic set in.  At 22 weeks my cervical length measured at 1.7cm.  I'm at 28 weeks now and have no idea where it is at so any twinge (or even lack of) gets me on high alert. 

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and many of us here share the same worries, concerns and hope over our little one. 

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM »
Hi, ladies! Hope to see you all on the Live Chat today at 2 pm Eastern time so you can share your updates. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Pixiejan

• 29 weeks and counting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018 at 04:23 PM »
Hi Triciabyrd,

Welcome!

I've been on some kind of bedrest for the last three weeks, I'm currently in the hospital since my cervix has dilated even more (was 1 cm Nov 30th, currently 3-4 cm). I'm 26&4 today, my big goal is go make it to 28 weeks, it's a huge milestone in the NICU world so congrats on getting to 28 weeks :).