Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for December 3, 2018  (Read 137 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for December 3, 2018
« on: December 03, 2018 at 01:30 PM »
Hello!

Tell us what you're doing to capture the holiday spirit even though you are on bedrest! Listening to special music? Are you shopping online, or having someone do some shopping for you? Are you able to have friends or a leader from your religious community come visit you? And, for those who aren't linked to particular religion, there's always the "Festivus" episode of Seinfeld! https://bit.ly/2riPAj1 Laughter is universal!  ;D

Keep looking forward, mamas!
Angela

P.S. Whenever you are going to shop on Amazon, please first click on this link: https://amzn.to/2BNrD9z. Then shop! When you do, Amazon gives 6% of the purchase price to Keep 'Em Cookin' and that helps me to keep the forum up and running. Thank you!

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 3, 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018 at 07:49 PM »
Morning from Australia! I will be im hospital all throughout December as part of my bedrest activity I tapped into my creativity.

A highschool friend dropped by and bought me arts and crafts activities to so (back in highschool we did art class together) she told me Toni you’ll be making Christmas cards. So that’s what I’m doing. It gives me great joy doing this and it has proven to be such a great activity to fill up my day.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018 at 08:47 PM »
I love that. What a great idea and what an incredible friend you have! Are you on Facebook? Maybe you could post a picture once you've made a few: https://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin/

I hope to talk to you again this week on the Live Chat. I know it's tough with the time difference! Talk soon!

Pixiejan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018 at 02:06 PM »
I watched my son and hubby put up the tree yesterday and encouraged them on. Normally it's something I'd do by myself, my son who's almost 4 loved decorating the tree and it was wonderful to see how happy it made him. I've been doing all my shopping online, but then I usually do :).

I'm trying to keep busy with knitting and crocheting. I've been knitting a long time, but just started teaching myself how to crochet in the past year. I'm knitting small baby blankets for a friends chapter of Hope Boxes (they make up boxes for families who have had miscarriages or a still birth or infant loss) and with the crocheting I'm working on getting the NICU Octopus pattern down. I'm in Canada and we have a Canadian branch of Octopus for a Preemie, they have a specific pattern you follow with specific materials you can use, all Octo's go through a inspection process and are washed and dried before being distributed to hospitals where they are used in the NICU's (not all hospitals in Canada accept them, but there are more that accept them than not). It feels good to have something to do that's useful. I've only been on this restricted on movement (not quite bedrest, but close) since Friday, so the stir crazy is starting to settle in, so its good be not just be able to do something but feel useful at the same time.