Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Update- Long overdue 'success' story  (Read 462 times)

kgkane

• View Profile
Update- Long overdue 'success' story
« on: December 05, 2018 at 09:09 AM »
To all you moms on bed rest this holiday season- You will get through it!  I had a very complicated pregnancy last year (Septum in uterus, miscarried twin, dynamic cervix, anemia) at 24 weeks I was on light rest with progesterone and things seemed to settle down.  When I was 31 weeks, in the middle of the night - my water broke.  It was just like in the movies.  Long weekend, my two year old asleep in the crib, 4am, no warning.
Straight to Labour and Delivery - steroids, and attempts to stop my labour, I was giving birth hours later to a beautiful little boy (who needed a little help at first). For 5 weeks (YES... ONLY 5 weeks) he was in the NICU.  It was scary, and it was not at all what the plan was, it was less than ideal, and it seemed like a lifetime---But we all came home together.  My little guy is now 8 months!  He is perfect, he is healthy and happy.  He eats cereal, and crawls, sits up unassisted, and laughs and does all the things that he is supposed to be doing. 
So for any mom out there that is worried, and going through something similar, know that I am out there.   I am very ordinary!Know that I am not all that strong, I am not a super hero..but I got through it, my kiddo got through it, my marriage got through it!   
Stay resting moms... do not let the holiday spirit guilt you into holiday dinners, and parties.  Make to do lists for others to help you out.  Order dinners, watch holiday movies, sit in the nursery (finished or unfinished) and know that your little one will be there soon enough.  Listen to your doctors, but more importantly ---listen to your body. 
Much love to all of you!  You are doing great!

HeatherB

• View Profile
Re: Update- Long overdue 'success' story
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018 at 10:55 AM »
So happy to hear of your success!

Pixiejan

• 29 weeks and counting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018 at 11:35 AM »
It's really great to hear success stories!! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad your little one is doing well :).

Mamaato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018 at 09:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing

Kfluitt16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018 at 03:17 PM »
Thank you for sharing this!