Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New here - PPROM - 20 weeks  (Read 3105 times)

LaurenB

• View Profile
New here - PPROM - 20 weeks
« on: December 07, 2018 at 09:55 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new and so relieved to have found a support group of sorts. My water broke 4 days ago when I was at 19+3 weeks, went to the hospital, diagnosed with PPROM and stayed there on iv antibiotics for 4 days. Now, I'm home on bed rest to hopefully keep my little man in until 23 weeks so I can go back and be in the hospital for the remaining time on bed rest. No signs of labor at all, but worries about infection. And then because the amniotic fluid is gone/leaking, worried about baby's lung development.

Does anyone else have any experience with PPROM? I just need some hope and positivity.

Also, bed rest hasn't been bad during the day, but I find myself having the worst insomnia and anxiety/panic at night. Any suggestions?

nikkiparker

• View Profile
Re: New here - PPROM - 20 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018 at 05:10 PM »
I am waiting for someone to respond. I am experiencing the same thing. Do you have any fluid at all? I can’t be admited until 01/03 due to the doctor being on vacation  :(

LaurenB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018 at 06:15 PM »
Not really anymore.  There was some fluid on Monday, but during the ultrasound on Tuesday they didn't see much.  How many weeks along are you?  That's crazy they won't admit you because of your doctor being gone.  You would think that you could just see another doctor until yours is back?  I'm sad to hear you are going through this, but feel good to have someone in the boat with me.

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018 at 06:57 PM »
Okay so baby still has a heartbeat. There is a chance the fluid can come back. Are you home or the hospital? I don’t see my son again until Wednesday. It’s so long away but I’m praying. We need to stay in touch to help each other. What are the doctors telling you? What city are you located in if you don’t mind answering?

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018 at 06:59 PM »
I’m also 19 weeks. They keep saying nothing can be done until 24 weeks then I can be admitted. It’s sad having insurance means nothing now days.

Mamaato

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018 at 07:13 PM »
I’m sorry you are going through this. I have heard that drinking tons of water replenishes the amniotic fluid. You could up your water intake. Good luck

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018 at 09:12 AM »
I had pprom at 34 weeks but nothing as early as you ladies. Hang in there and dont lose hope! I found this protocol which I am currently following which may be helpful to you. http://www.aapprom.org/theregimen

LaurenB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018 at 09:45 AM »
Nikkiparker, I am in Houston. What about you? I'm on home bed rest and the doctor said they would bring me in if I make it to 23 weeks, so just before New year's. Insurance is definitely crazy. I don't get to see baby boy again until Thursday at my appointment. I've been upping my water intake a ton and watching out for cramping.

HeatherB - thank you for sharing the protocol. That is helpful!

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018 at 10:23 AM »
Lauren I’m in Houston also!!! So exciting. I have an appointment on Wednesday. What hospital are you going to? Your doctor is working quicker than mine. We should talk and also keep in touch to get each other through this. Call me if you can 😊
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018 at 05:22 PM by Angela »

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018 at 11:32 AM »
Hey, ladies! Quick reminder that we have the Live Chat today. Set an alarm on your phone so that you don't miss it.
2 pm Eastern/1 pm Central/Noon Mountain/11 am Pacific
http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

christined

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM »
How are you ladies doing? Im 22weeks and Pprom yesterday.  Wondering how long I can keep her in. My previous pregnancy I only lasted a week but this time I have a cerclage which appears to be holding.

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018 at 09:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your pprom! I dont know how to answer your question but hope you get support you need and keeo us updated on your progress. Did the cerclage cause your rupture or was it placed after your rupture?

christined

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018 at 07:43 PM »
Honestly, they don’t know what caused it.  As far as we can tell I’m still closed and the cerclage is intact.

LaurenB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018 at 09:26 AM »
Hi Christine,

Both Nikki and I are still here and have been checking in on each other daily.  My doctor said that most women go into labor within 48 hours of water breaking,so the fact that I've gone over two weeks makes her think I'm going to keep him in until viability at least :)  I have not been given a cerclage, but my cervix is also completely closed. I've been on bed rest at home with bathroom privledges, drinking a gallon of water a day! He's moving around like crazy! I'm 21+4 today and counting down the days until 23 weeks so that I can be in the hospital and not have to freak myself out over every little thing.  I've read and heard amazing stories of women keeping babies in until 24, 28, and even 32 weeks after PPROM and all being well :)

christined

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018 at 10:54 AM »
I’m so happy to hear you’re hanging in there! I’m in the hospital now but think I’m going to go home today for a few Days and come back at 23. I have a 4 yr old at home that I miss terribly. Sending positive vibes your way!