Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for December 10, 2018  (Read 596 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for December 10, 2018
« on: December 10, 2018 at 09:19 AM »
The holiday season is well underway. It's exciting to see time passing, but I know it can be a tough time as friends and family are having holiday parties and are out shopping for gifts. This is a time when it is especially important to invite people over so that you don't feel quite so left out. What do you have planned? Or tell us what you will make a plan to do after reading this message.

I'm looking forward to your updates! It was wonderful to have such a great turnout for the Live Chat last week. Even with the struggles you are all going through, I have to say that we had a lot of fun!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

P.S. Set an alarm on your phone. :) Join the Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Thursdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Pixiejan

• 29 weeks and counting!
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 10, 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018 at 11:23 AM »
I’m still cookin, but things have progressed since last week. I’m now 2-3 cm dilated and my waters are bulging through. Was admitted to hospital after losing my mucus plug and just having a gut feeling that I should go in to get checked. Nov 30th I was only 1cm dilated. So things progressed pretty fast. Thankfully my cervix still has a little length. It actually hasn’t changed since my ultrasound Nov 30th. So that’s good news. They kept me in labour and delivery overnight and until just after 2pm before moving me to a ward for bedrest. I’m currently strict bedrest and all the fun things that go along with that (no sitting up to eat and bedpans!!) I got my second steroid shot last night, so I’m hoping that once that’s kicked in all it will I’ll be allowed bathroom privileges and maybe even a shower! I think the bedpans have been the worst so far. The little guy keeps flipping around. I’m hoping he settles head down and stays, he usually settles head down when I’m sitting up. But since that’s not allowed he’s all over the place. Really would like to deliver vaginally if he cooperates. My oldest who came at 28&1 was head down the whole three days before he was born. Got 5-6 hrs sleep last night after less than an hour the first night. So much more emotionally stable today. I can’t believe how emotional I was when I was changed from modified bedrest to strict. Apparently it’s pretty odd for this hospital, I’ve had both a nurse and a resident say that I should be able to use the washroom. The residents response what I said I didn’t have bathroom privileges was ‘that’s bananas’. Should have a different doc today, so hopefully I’ll get some leniency. It’s amazing how such a small thing can make such a difference.

Listen to that mother’s intuition ladies! I basically went to L&D because I felt something was off after losing my mucus plug, but I lost my mucus plug a full month before my last was born so I didn’t think much of it. But as the day worn on I thought it would be better to get checked out.

Because there is still length I’m hoping to keep him cookin into 27 weeks, maybe longer. Today is 26 weeks. Had an encouraging talk with someone from the NICU and things are much more positive than I thought for 26 weeks. Hopefully whenever this guy decides to show up, he’ll take after his older brother who was a nicu superstar.

Just spoke with Maternal Fetal Medicine doc. I’m off strict bedrest. I told her she completely made my day. She said it’s a possibility to maybe even go to 34 weeks if everything stays stable and possibly a possibility to go home once the little guy decides to hang out head down. So lots of good news. Of course he could still come tomorrow, but lots of hope that he’ll be able to cook longer. They still want me hanging out lying down most of the time. But bathroom privileges and shower privileges totally makes up for it!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018 at 06:43 AM »
Thank goodness you have bathroom privileges back! It makes a huuuuuge difference to not have to stress about that. I swear it was MUCH more physical to get on and off a bedpan than getting up to use the restroom! The hospital is the best place for you to be right now, so do your best to embrace it. I spent so much energy mentally fighting that I was on bed rest. Ask your partner to bring you a few things from home to make it your own space: your jammies, pillow and blanket; some sweatpants/comfy clothes for during the day (instead of a hospital gown); your own shampoo and soap. Just a few ideas!

I'm so happy you listened to your gut and went to get checked out. I think we do sense when something has changed, even if someone else would say it was minor. Sending you positive thoughts for many more weeks of cookin'! Hope to see you on Thursday for the Live Chat.

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018 at 03:40 PM »
Hi there I’m still cookin’ and we are now 25wks 😊 next milestone is to reach 28wks.

Still in hospital and will be here ovwr Christmas which is fine with me as I feel its the best place to

Had our scan yesterday which showed that my stitch is intact and cervix is stable.

Family are trying to organise a small Christmas picnic type spread as I’m in hospital. I’m allowed to gonout on a wheelchair on hospital grounds which I’m grateful for.

I’ve been told by the midwives that Christmas is quite a do as they do make a big fuss and quite a spread 😊

Pixiejan glad you had yourself checked.

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018 at 06:00 PM »
I made it to 24 weeks + 3. My first goal was to reach 23+5 which is our local hospitals policy for admitting babies to Nicu. My current next milestone is to make it to 28 weeks. I am still mostly on bedrest but I am allowed to go to church still, appointments, and can stand for up to 30 minutes if I feel like it to cook dinner or something else that is light. We just completed our holiday meal with family. We will have our neighbors for pizza and wings on Christmas Eve and have lasagne Christmas day. Everything will be at our house. Once I get to 28 weeks, I will be referred to our regional hospital for MRI to rule out or diagnose accreta.

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018 at 01:51 PM »
Hi everyone. I am new. I am 24w3d with di-di twin boys and have been in the hospital for 8 days now. There is no end in sight to this hospitalization so I am making the most of this time to rest and celebrate each passing day as a milestone. It has been a surreal week and I am thankful to have found this forum.

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018 at 04:50 PM »
Hi Everyone quick update from me I’m 25wks + 4days today and still in hospital on modified bedrest with my little girl. She’s been active and kicking away and our next milestone is to get to 28wks.

Its nearing Christmas and I will be here which is fine by me since I don’t have to worry this year as to which side of the family we will be spending Christmas with 😊

There are times when I look out of my window and look up at the sky and think of my little girl who was born still last year, Ella Grace, and miss her dearky. Pregnancy after loss is hard whilst my heart is ever grateful and blessed with our little miracle my heart will always yearn for our first born wishing she was here too.

But I know Ella would want us to look after us and focus on looking after her little sister.

So here’s to counting down the days to 28wks 😊