Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 22 weeks, cervix 3.94 cm with mild funneling  (Read 253 times)

Mamaato

• View Profile
22 weeks, cervix 3.94 cm with mild funneling
« on: December 11, 2018 at 07:01 PM »
So I’m 22 weeks 4 days and had my cerclage placed at 13 weeks. I went for my anatomy scan today, baby is perfect but my cervical check showed that I have mild funneling. I am already on modified best home at home and I am just wondering what I can do to improve my chances. I guess I am just looking for positive stories

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 22 weeks, cervix 3.94 cm with mild funneling
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018 at 02:13 PM »
Hi, there!

That's a great cervix length! I hope that gives you some confidence even if you do have some funneling. I can't provide medical advice or predict the future, but from what I have seen here on the forum all these years is that you will continue to have more funneling but your cerclage IS going to do its job. Your chances for your cervix staying closed for many months ahead is VERY likely.  :)

How does your OB feel about everything? Did you get a cerclage because you've delivered prematurely in the past? I can see where that's going to make you worry. Are you also taking progesterone suppositories? Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Mamaato

• View Profile
Re: 22 weeks, cervix 3.94 cm with mild funneling
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018 at 07:12 PM »
Thank you Angela for responding. Yes I had lost 2 pregnancies at 20 and 26 weeks. Subsequently I had preventive cerclage for 3 pregnancies that I carried to term. This time I had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks and too.

I met with my Ob on Thursday to discuss my ultrasound result but then the report he had that was sent by the radiologist said I was not funneling. That contradicted what I was told by the tech the day of my ultrasound. So now I have been booked for another ultrasound this week. So fingers crossed