Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Day #2 and new to forum  (Read 2783 times)

AngieO

• View Profile
Day #2 and new to forum
« on: July 17, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
Hello everyone! I am so thrilled to have found this website.  I am 24 weeks pregnant and on strict bedrest.  I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and have been off work and on modified bedrest since.  2 days ago my doctor placed me on solid bed rest only up to eat and use the bathroom. I am really having a hard time.  I have actually been thru this before with my son.  He is 6 years old now.  I knew I would have to go thru this again if I ever wanted another baby so it never seemed to be the "right time".  Last August i had a miscarriage at 6 weeks.  The pregnancy was a huge surprise and we were completely devastated when we lost it. Of course we wanted to try right away.  I have spent the majority of my pregnancy so far in bed.  I was hoping to prolong the "strict" bedrest.  The baby is just getting too big and we need to keep all pressure off.  I dont know why but even though I knew it was coming......I'm having a harder time dealing with the bedrest than I did the first time when I had no clue it was gonna happen.  I dont think anyone understands how hard it is.  It will be so nice to be able to talk to other women who know exactly how I feel.  I think our family thinks because we knew it was gonna happen, its not as hard.  I wanted another baby so bad, not just for me but for my husband and my son.  I'm envious of all those women who have "normal" pregnancies.  I know the second my baby is born, I will forget about this long journey to get her here.   But until then.....its gonna be hard.

Mom2b2010

Re: Day #2 and new to forum
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010 at 01:11 PM »
Hello! My name is Candice and I am also on bed rest but in the hospital until I deliver. My water broke on the 6th at 24  weeks. So now iam going crazy stuck in here so I understand how you feel. I also wanted to talk to other women in the same situation. I am having a girl by the way and her name is going to be Sydney. It's nice to hear about your story and I wish you a healthy baby!!!

AngieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010 at 04:10 PM »
Hello Candice.  Good to hear from you.  With my first son I was in hospital for over 2 weeks before he was born so i can relate a little to what you are going thru.  I am having a girl also.  Her name is Bayleigh Ann.  Does you doctor think you can make it to full term or close?

Mom2b2010

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM »
Hello not sure how long I will get to term. It is a wait and see kind of situation which makes it harder to be here in the hospital
 That is a pretty name by the way. So I just lay here in bed all day eating hospital food which has a very small variety haha! The worst part is leaking amniotic fluid knowing my daughter needs it. They said she
makes more with her urine but it still makes me worry.

Leony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010 at 01:26 AM »
Hi AngieO.
Hanging there. I totally know how you feel. I myself was put on bed rest since my IVF program started (TTC for 10 years). But due to Incompetent Cervix and total placenta previa doctor put me on a total bedrest (was allowed to pee/poo at portable toilet beside my bed!) and admitted to the hospital for nearly 5 months. I made to 30 weeks and 3 days so it was soooo worth it!

Btw I also envy those women who have normal pregnancy but still they complaint about their normal pregnancy sometimes lol.