Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Happy Monday! Roll Call for July 12  (Read 5004 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Happy Monday! Roll Call for July 12
« on: July 12, 2010 at 08:13 AM »
Look at that, ladies! You're almost half way through July!  :)

Tell us what you are looking forward to this week, and give us a general update (how many weeks, results of any tests or OB appointments last week, etc.).

Keep 'Em Cookin', mamas!
Angela

Katr

• View Profile
Re: Happy Monday! Roll Call for July 12
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
I'm 36 weeks now! Today is my birthday but since I've completely lost track of time I didn't remember until my 4 year old brought me a card that he made for me! Too funny that I forgot...
My platelets have been slightly decreasing the last two weeks. I have a blood draw today and another Thursday which is my big weekly monitoring day. I've been feeling more drained and weaker. I have a feeling it won't be much longer until they decide to induce but I also know from when I was pregnant with my son that the OBs change their mind a bazillion times before delivery. Then, suddenly, some test result dips a bit too low for their comfort level and they say to come to the hospital ASAP to have the baby! So, I'm trying to let go of any preconceptions about time frame for the birth as much as I can. It only causes stress, which doesn't exactly help my blood pressure!
Kat

sammyjobail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM »
Good morning bed rest moms! Put on bed rest at 22 weeks with an emergency cerclage and approaching 28 this Thursday. Huge milestone for me even though I have a ways to go. This has been tough... 2nd pregnancy first one ended in miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks. Completely different situation this time just hopng for a great outcome.  Defintely helps reading all of your stories and knowing I am not alone. Gives me hope for a happy ending! Have a great day and keep 'em cookin

PregnantDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM »
On day 5 of bedrest. Getting into the groove of  it now. Have a 22 week appointment on Wednesday which is when I find out whether I need a cerclage or not. Just taking it one day at time.

Happy monday!

runner123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010 at 01:50 PM »
Happy birthday Kat and congrats on 36 weeks!

I'm 31 weeks 3 days with 10 weeks of bed rest behind me.  It's actually hard to believe.  I'm excited that I'm getting closer to my next goal of 32 weeks and I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief when I reach that.  Heck, I was relieved at 24 weeks, then 26, 28 etc!  I had a stomach flu over the weekend, which I caught from my toddler and it was awful.  I'm glad to be feeling better and relieved that I managed to avoid going into PTL (again) with the dehydration that I experienced.  It's an off week for my appointments, so I've got another week until my next cervical length check. 

hmaryse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010 at 05:15 PM »
I'm 20.5 weeks, and I'm on week six of bedrest. My daughter was born and died at 22.5 weeks, so we're starting to get to what is (for me) the scariest period of the pregnancy. I'm thrilled to have made it halfway, but we still have a long road ahead of us.

I keep reminding myself that bedrest is not meant to be torture, and that bedrest instead of a funeral is a huge gift of grace, but it's still been a long haul.

My husband took our 22-month-old son camping for a few days, and I've been left alone. I'm feeling a little depressed and have been eating enough junk food that my stomach aches. But I'm trying to appreciate the quiet and get caught up on all the Jane Austen movies my husband won't watch with me and I don't have time to watch when there are people in and out of my house caring for my son.

babyhope

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010 at 07:47 PM »
I'm still cookin. 27 weeks and my cervix and contractions seem under control.  Last measurement was 3.0 so perinatologist moved me to measurements every 2 weeks instead if every week. Kind of a relief although I will miss having an excuse to leave the house.  Maybe I'll go get that glucose test I've been putting off.... 

Perinatologist also suggested trying a massage so I had one at home.  It was amazing and so relaxing.  I'm definitely going to book another.  It really helped me relax.  Wanted to pass the tip along in case anyone else was thinking about it.  Worked for me.

Read three books within the last weeks.  The Stieg Larsson trilogy (girl w dragon tattoo, girl who played w fire and girl who kicked the hornets nest).  Great books and the time seemed to fly - which is great when you're on bedrest.  Otherwise every minute feels like days.

Good luck to everyone out there.  Hang in there.

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM »
Five weeks of bedrest down for me.  Today I'm 25 weeks :)  Another whole week after my over night hospital stay with contractions.  My 17P shots continue; the procardia is helping, but still have random contractions even when I'm totally relaxing on the couch - I hate that :(
My fFN was negative last Wednesday though so we're happy about that! 
I don't have any appointments this week.  Just my second hypnobirthing class to look forward to :)
This week is starting a little tough; my daycare provider is closed for the week since her oldest son has been sick and they're going away for the weekend.  So I've been working on last minute arrangements for my daughter today.
Just plugging away at my list of things to do :)  (read this book, call this person, make a grocery list, etc)

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010 at 03:00 AM »
I am also 31 weeks and 3 days today.  We had a big week this past week.  Had our 30 week ultrasound last Thursday and the Placenta Previa is resolved!  YEAH!  Out of all the issues we have had that was the last one we were waiting on.  BUT (and arent' we all used to "but"s by now?) the baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead.  A typical 30 week baby weighs roughly 3lbs and my little line backer is weighing in at 4lbs 4oz and is in the 95% for height and head!  The perinatologist thought I had gestational diabetis but after the glucose test it turns out that bed rest has just been too good to my little boy!

Since we no longer have any current health issues, I am on modified bed rest which means I can leave the house!  OB isn't taking any chances after all the issues we've had.  I still have to be in bed or sofa when home, can't lift things, no cleaning, etc. and STILL NO NOOKIE!  But we are so close to our final goal of 36 weeks.  And just little trips out make me feel like a mom again.  I ran to the store around the corner to get Pull Ups for my 3 yr old the other night and it made me want to cry knowing I can do that for him again!  And the folks at the grocery store were all shocked to see me pregnant!  Being put on bed rest at 13 weeks (after not revealing our pregnancy for the first trimester due to previous pregnancy issues/miscarraiges) I guess it makes sense that no one knows!  SURPRISE!

Hang in there ladies!  The real world is right around the corner and our little (or big) babies are all worth it!

Margaret

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM »
It's so nice to hear of those of you that have had successful outcomes after being on bedrest for such a long time!  Making it to 36 weeks , and even graduating from strict to modified bedrest since things are looking good :)
I'm happy for you guys!!

miasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010 at 07:34 PM »
26 wk and 4 days.  Trying to make it to 36 wks.  I have been here a month now and it is not getting easier.  It has gotten harder the today.  Tomorrow we were suppose to leave to FL to see my BIL get married. I feel so depressed.  Is normal to feel this depressed?  My daughter is still going to be the flower girl but the rest of us are stuck here.  I feel so bad for my husband.  He is thinking about trying to get a ticket and fly out on Thursday with our son and return on Sunday.  He might not take our son due to money but I feel he needs to go.  Hope everyone has a good wk.

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010 at 09:27 PM »
Miasmom,

Hang in there lady!  I had to miss my father-in-law's memorial due to bed rest.  My husband and children went and I got a sitter to watch me for those few days. Sometimes with bed rest it just is what it is.  I am so glad your daughter still gets to be the flower girl!  I know we have struggled to keep things as normal as possible for our kids.  Most people don't realize they in a lot of ways they are on bed rest too. 
As for the depression, it is so perfectly normal!  I have been on bed rest for the last 18 weeks and I would say the first 2-3 months were the worst.  It will get better.  And this forum is a great resource for support and empathy.  The empathy part is super important because if you haven't been in this situation you truely can't imagine the emotional toll it takes.  It's a great group of ladies here so utilize us!

Margaret